colmans

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2009
Nottingham
AKA
Johnny
Hi Folks,

I'm slowly steeping into this hifi world but doing it at a nice steady pace (for now....). I've just picked up some Talk Electronic Hurricanes and Tornado 2 (courtesy of Bandit Pilot) to drive my Leema Xeros that are feed through the laptop via a Fiio e17. A house move is spending in the next few months so nothing too large or visual can change until I get the nod :) . So..my thoughts were that the e17 could possibly be the next stage of the upgrade.

What do you good folks think would be the main benefit of changing out the DAC? Bearing in mind that nothing else can change for a few months that is visual!

Cheers

Johnny

colmans

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2009
Nottingham
AKA
Johnny
Any help guys? If I swap out the e17 do you think I'm going to see a worthwhile difference stepping up to a £3-400 DAC?

Cheers!

robin

Good bye
Wammer Plus
Dec 6, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yes I totally agree with Keith, buying blind can be very disappointing, bake offs are the way to go

jtt1888

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 11, 2007
Dunfermline
AKA
Jim
There are some good deals to be had on the recently superseded M2 Tech Young dac, a cracking dac that can be updated with an improved power supply when funds permit. You could probably pick up the dac for around £450.

colmans

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2009
Nottingham
AKA
Johnny
Cheers Guys, it does sound like I should hear a difference switching the DAC out and trying something else. The e17 seems to be really designed as a headphone amp/dac. I've read pros and cons for a DAC is a DAC but I suppose there's only one way to find out! Would I be better off skipping the pre of the Talk Electronics and use a DAC pre straight into the power or will the DAC into the Talk pre generally be a better option? Still learning...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online