Pennypacker

d^_^b
Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
Netherlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I think @HH2010 chose his words carefully. Bass information is not the same as bass performance or SPL. Keltiks are older speakers and having owned and loved a pair for many years prior to 350's I would say the weight of bass is unquestionable but the accuracy.....

I’ve red and understand the difference, but I figure that between 55hz and 20hz belies a lot of information, not to mention extra layers and foundation for the rest of the Hz.

YMMV

HH2010

Linn tune exile
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Hamburg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just my personal point of view or listening. No need to get into an interpretation war. Bass information is transported by harmonics. It's not the "real thing", punching in the guts, sure, but when trying to follow the bass lines etc. the much better harmonics information of Twin vs. Klout and 2k-Array vs. Ninka-Tweeter (was in my Keltik too) helps a lot. If you want both - now, is's simple - get Komris.

Chetys

Wammer
Mar 22, 2022
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve red and understand the difference, but I figure that between 55hz and 20hz belies a lot of information, not to mention extra layers and foundation for the rest of the Hz.

YMMV
Definately true.

I have or had (from the speakers mentioned here) ninkas, keltiks, 109s, 350s and the ninkas and 109s don't have the enjoyable bass that the Keltiks or 350s have.
I think I understand what HH2010 is getting at but I would say its easier to have a 'clearer bass' is the bass is leaner. Anyway I don't want to get into a big discussion either. I will say the bass on Keltiks is enjoyable and a pleasure to hear and much lighter on the Ninkas.

Reactions: Ben Webster

Geektastic

Wammer
Jan 7, 2021
Near Wellington, NZ
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
FWIW I am running Selekt Hub, AEB-I Kat and 140's. Music is supplied via Roon Nucleus and Hypsos power supply.

My dealer remains convinced that short of Akudorik, the Exakt driven 140 is the best speaker option Linn offer. I gather from another thread that the lovely looking (never heard them) Akudoriks are being phased out but here in NZ, it is about $18,000 for the 140 and AEB-I as opposed to $37,000 for the Akudoriks.

In the interests of remaining married, I have assiduously avoided listening to the items further up the tree - I would end up selling kidneys to buy it probably. Possibly even someone else's ....!!

However, I can say that as-is, my system has the ability to take my breath away on a regular basis. Adding the Hypsos power supply to the Nucleus is highly recommended as well - I was stunned by the improvement and much cheaper than buying a KSH...!

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hunt down a pair of passive Akudorik's, and just attach them to your Exaktbox-i!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.