Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now no snigering but I am seriously considering one.

Sick to the back teeth of 16mpg, huge service bills and the huge depreciation of the Jeep.

Anyone driven one yet?

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh no, another pretend 4WD a-la RAV4! IMO, if you ain't getting a Range Rover/Land Rover/ Land Cruiser etc you should just get yourself a car (unless hairdressing is your vocation).
biggrin.png

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Seriously, why not a car?

That Nissan thing is just laughable. Looks shit, doesn't do anything. Pointless and stupid.

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I already have a car thank you.

The new vehicle is to replace the Jeep I have. I want something big and spaceous to carry people and stuff I can't get in the car.

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Warrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
meninblack wrote:

Seriously, why not a car?That Nissan thing is just laughable. Looks shit, doesn't do anything. Pointless and stupid.
goodpost.gif.00822561e807cf35c79b3503f2e609d0.gif

I've heard people who drive "4x4" vehicles, do so because they have small willies

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
Mr.Bear - Quashqai looks allright but if your not too fussed about looks then I can really recommend a Honda FR-V. 3 seats up front and 3 at back with all the flexibility of a Jazz - best thing about is loads on dealer forecourts at good prices.

Solid relaibility, loads of space and probably get an SE variant for under £15k!

Other than that your into older 4*4's of which none are particularly frugal (Volvo XC90 p'raps?)

stickman

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 17, 2006
Manchester
AKA
Phil
I had a quick spin of my sister's automatic, but only for a few miles. On that journey, it was fine, but certainly very removed from the road and with little driver feedback.

I quite like the styling; if I was in the market for such a vehicle, I'd give it serious consideration. To me, it's more like a hybrid of 4&4 and estate car so doesn't look as wanky as the X3, X5 etc.

julian2002

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 15, 2005
Lakeside Wixams
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
if you need to carry people why not get a people carrier?

if you don;t mind being a bit cramped get a touran s-max or zafira. if you want big then the new galaxy or an old(er) alhambra are your best bets.

all come with economical diesel engines giving you 40+ mpg thanks to no pointless 4x4 drive and better aerodynamics than most brick wall chelsea tractors.

they also have more load carrying space than most 4x4's with all the seats out thanks to low floors (easier loading too).

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Polarbear wrote:

I already have a car thank you.The new vehicle is to replace the Jeep I have. I want something big and spaceous to carry people and stuff I can't get in the car.
You can get big, spacious cars. They are called "Estate cars." No need for fake-off-road muppetry. You can even make them drive like your Jeep. If you tow a skip...
biggrin.png

Anyway, the Soggysquashy doesn't seem very big or spacious, and is only available with tiny, low-powered engines.
sad.png

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
If it doesn't need to go offroad, and space is the issue, then why not just get an S Max?

It looks lovely (to my eyes) and with a mondeo chassis underneath its going to actually, you know, go round corners in a state of calm.

FWIW though, my girlfrend has been using the nissan as a company car the last few weeks and it's not so bad :dunno:Not so big though, furry one, so not sure it's really what you need

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Borats Baby wrote:

Just done a Google search on "Nissan Quashqai" and came up with this :
oto1511nissanQuash.jpg

So maybe its not all bad !!