Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
Yorkshire
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I wasn't. I have just watched the you tube clip of Dean and they pan through the audience, and there you are nodding your head in appreciation
smile.png
Doh, didn't realise I was on Candid Camera.
f_doh.gif.2bfa1ec008d0c8800eee305d3a30be23.gif

Jag

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Apr 29, 2010
Rustington
AKA
Jag
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Here is our room, comments welcomed.
The best sounds were in your room Jack, there were other rooms with good kit but rated yours the best.

YNWAN

100% Analogue
Wammer
Jul 22, 2007
Sheffield
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought the BD room sounded good and one of the shows best. My friend Dave who is very attuned to flat frequency response wasn't as taken as I was though. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I thought the sound better last year but then that was a considerably more expensive and elaborate system.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought the BD room sounded good and one of the shows best. My friend Dave who is very attuned to flat frequency response wasn't as taken as I was though. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I thought the sound better last year but then that was a considerably more expensive and elaborate system.
Maybe not as good as last year but still really good and one of the best. There was no option in my case other than to sit and listen as I had difficulty in getting up off that bloody settee!

B

BD Audio

Thanks for the comments guys, this year was Prime and entry level Grandinote, last year I took Marvel horns. Next year we are taking Anima with the flagship Grandinote.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Jack , yes excellent again , I wanted to ask you what box was doing what , but you were nattering.

The DAC was on top........

B

BD Audio

It was the Rockna Wavedream DAC. Box under was the Rockna NET streamer, bottom was a Trafomatic mains conditioner and the Grandinote Shinai Integrated amplifier to the right of the rack.

B

BD Audio

The music was stored on a hard drive fitted to the Rockna NET. Tablet was a remote control.

The NET uses ROON server software and it comes with a lifetime subscription free of charge.

The Dac is capable of replaying the latest and greatest DSD formats etc but I chose to only playback cd rips to show just how good the hardware is on standard resolution files. With DSD it is another level and I'll be showing that off next year.

B

BD Audio

No problem, for PC or MAC users I'd recommend a free ROON trial with a free Tidal trial (it 'plugs in').

As far as audio software goes it is 2nd to none imo.

Mr THX

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jun 29, 2015
Wakefield
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Favourite room of the show for me (and my wife) loved the sound of the Prime.

How do you think they would match with a Primaluna Dialogue HP valve amplifier?

Thanks for the comments guys, this year was Prime and entry level Grandinote, last year I took Marvel horns. Next year we are taking Anima with the flagship Grandinote.

B

BD Audio

Favourite room of the show for me (and my wife) loved the sound of the Prime.How do you think they would match with a Primaluna Dialogue HP valve amplifier?
Thanks Chris, looking at the specs they would partner very well in Triode mode, most important factor with Prime is to have low or zero feedback design.

I did a home demo for a customer last Thursday with a similar amplifier in a room just over 2m wide and 4m long and we achieved an amazing sound resulting in a new Prime owner.

If you'd like a home demo then get in touch, phone pm or email.

All the best,

Jack

YNWAN

100% Analogue
Wammer
Jul 22, 2007
Sheffield
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Were Kralk loudspeakers there? Specifically the BC30 - any Wammers care to comment on them? :)
Yes, Kralk were there demonstrating theBC-30 - they were partnered by their sub-woofer extension stands. As for sound, well they were well out into the room but they still had a lot of bass - it wasn't completely out of control boom but it wasn't very tight either and sounded quite ported in nature (which it is). Transparency was OK but no better - in total I didn't think they were bad, but they didn't excite me either. In another room there was a demo of a very similar looking stand/bass unit designed to work with the LS3-5A and that combo worked better in every respect (in this show situation).

Hmm... I've just read the HiFi Pig review and I would have liked to hear the Kralks with different amplification. In fact the only rooms that sounded good, to me, with valve amps were the BD Audio room (were they valve amps?) and the PureSound room - neither mentioned in the HiFi Pig reportage.

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Were Kralk loudspeakers there? Specifically the BC30 - any Wammers care to comment on them? :)
Interesting room, the main BC30 speakers I believe are quite good, but I would avoid the boom boxes they stood on (bass extenders) and get a propper active sub if they are not enough. The speakers were showing up the rather average Chifi amp and source (CD), the TT was much better. I can imaging the BC30 with a nice amp and source on good stands would be extremely good, they had that easy relaxed sound I like.

Tarzan

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2007
Hornchurch, England
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Interesting room, the main BC30 speakers I believe are quite good, but I would avoid the boom boxes they stood on (bass extenders) and get a propper active sub if they are not enough. The speakers were showing up the rather average Chifi amp and source (CD), the TT was much better. I can imaging the BC30 with a nice amp and source on good stands would be extremely good, they had that easy relaxed sound I like.
Cheers Mark and Bob, really interested in these VFM speakers, not too interested in the bass extenders though.

YNWAN

100% Analogue
Wammer
Jul 22, 2007
Sheffield
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Like Bob, I have reservations regarding the abilities of the source and amplification used at the show

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online