Wammer
Wammer
Jan 1, 2008
Nottingham
AKA
Doug
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think my front room will prove to be TT unfriendly (too much floor movement) so unless you want to tiptoe around all day we are probably best to keep it CD only. Doug please bring your 'interesting' TT as we can easily swap the Oracle out in the main system. My phonostage can handle 3 turntables so no issues there.

I have a Quad 99 CDP for the front room but if anyone else wants to bring one then feel free - a Nagra would be good :whistle:

and bring some CDs as most of mine are boxed up :) I have embraced the digital world but am currently confined to one room for now as NAS setups do my head in.

Now next question (inspired by Brian's recent bake) - does anyone know how to make a Pavlova? :love:
Nick, It took two of us to carry the thing in so I doubt I could do it on my own, but I have a Lumin digital player that I could bring out to play

JVS

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2009
Ilford, Essex
AKA
Jim
....just to elaborate; Gregg got us half a dozen boxes of the 'murican brownie mix, so my daughters have been experimenting. They found a recipe for 'turtle brownies', which are a layered brownie - the layers alternate with brownie mix, caramel and chocolate. :love:

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I tasted them - the girls said they would make a batch for your bake Nick :^

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
Northants, UK
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice on Jim. Best to keep the girls skills on top form :D

Doug the Lumin sounds very interesting, i'd like to hear that. Does it work as a standalone unit?

biker boy

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 1, 2008
Nottingham
AKA
Doug
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice on Jim. Best to keep the girls skills on top form :D Doug the Lumin sounds very interesting, i'd like to hear that. Does it work as a standalone unit?
I use use it as a network streamer, but you can plug in an external hard drive which I will bring down all I will need is to link my iPad to your wifi network and we are away. To give you some idea of how good it is playing side by side against the Io the Lumin had the edge

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
Northants, UK
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok doors open at from 10am. I will pm address details in the week as some of you have not been here before. I will get some food sorted for lunch but thought I would also see who is up for going for a curry or Chinese in the evening. Let me know and I can book somewhere.

Also kit wise it looks like the Soro will be off to a new home before the bake :( (sorry but needs must) so does anyone fancy bringing an integrated or even a power amp, I should have a couple of preamps available with any luck.

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
Ok doors open at from 10am. I will pm address details in the week as some of you have not been here before. I will get some food sorted for lunch but thought I would also see who is up for going for a curry or Chinese in the evening. Let me know and I can book somewhere.Also kit wise it looks like the Soro will be off to a new home before the bake :( (sorry but needs must) so does anyone fancy bringing an integrated or even a power amp, I should have a couple of preamps available with any luck.
I could bring a pair of Valvet A1r's

25w class A solid state

G

Ok doors open at from 10am. I will pm address details in the week as some of you have not been here before. I will get some food sorted for lunch but thought I would also see who is up for going for a curry or Chinese in the evening. Let me know and I can book somewhere.Also kit wise it looks like the Soro will be off to a new home before the bake :( (sorry but needs must) so does anyone fancy bringing an integrated or even a power amp, I should have a couple of preamps available with any luck.
Yes to to curry or Chinese.

I could bring the Albarrys. They're very easy to transport.

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
Northants, UK
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Valvets and Albarrys would be great. As long as we have a few options for the front room system an integrated would also be good Graham but we won't have a TT due to the bouncing floor :^

Bring some CDS as well as vinyl ;-)

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
Northants, UK
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll do a chilli for lunch or we can order just order some pizzas in?

And the after bake curry attendees are:

Me

Paul

Jim

Stephen

Ian

Anyone else?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member