\o/ the Dalis finally arrived

plasticpenguin

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Bookham, Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After months of demoing speakers earlier this year, I fell for the Rubicon 2s.

Due to declining health issues with Mrs. P. for most of this year, when it came to August, I was in 2 minds whether to cancel the order. Pleased I didn't.

They are fantastic. Very out of character, I left them in the box for several days. That was around a fortnight ago.

The improvement over the TB2s is audible. I loved the Harbeth, Amphion Argon 1 and Neat SX2.

But the Dalis are silky and more revealing and natural. They pretty much tick every box.

Once get time I'll take some pics. At the moment my life has been consumed by personal stuff

All I can say is Dali Rubicon 2 and Leema is amazing

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thats some speaker journey PP you first posted in March and listed the Dali Rubicon 2 at the start & here you are with a pair nice one👍

Look forward to some pics & maybe a quick review, I hope things improve for you and yours in your personel life🤞🏻

Reactions: plasticpenguin

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I remember hearing a few around 6 years ago and thought , I like them , which is unusual for me as I’ve always had floorstanders in my main systems . But they are good ..
Dali have commissioned several CDs to demo their speakers at shows etc and they’re good too
ENJOY to your 💕 content .
Some things in life just can’t be beaten opening a box and producing more than you imagined .

Reactions: plasticpenguin

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just read through your

I've actually demoed some speakers​

thread. Sounds like a great journey to get your choice made. Hope the Dali’s are everything you hope. I heard the Argon 1 when I demoed Hegel amps at the Department of Sound earlier in the year and I very much liked them. Have previously owned TB2+ and eventually grew to dislike them but everyone’s room, preference, choice of music etc is different. It would be very boring on here if we all liked the same!

Reactions: leenorris78

muff

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 11, 2009
Barry wales, , Unite
AKA
dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After months of demoing speakers earlier this year, I fell for the Rubicon 2s.

Due to declining health issues with Mrs. P. for most of this year, when it came to August, I was in 2 minds whether to cancel the order. Pleased I didn't.

They are fantastic. Very out of character, I left them in the box for several days. That was around a fortnight ago.

The improvement over the TB2s is audible. I loved the Harbeth, Amphion Argon 1 and Neat SX2.

But the Dalis are silky and more revealing and natural. They pretty much tick every box.

Once get time I'll take some pics. At the moment my life has been consumed by personal stuff

All I can say is Dali Rubicon 2 and Leema is amazing
I have the dali Epicon 2 with Leema Tucana anniversary and Leema elements cd what a great sound. Dali make wonderful speakers.

plasticpenguin

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Bookham, Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have the dali Epicon 2 with Leema Tucana anniversary and Leema elements cd what a great sound. Dali make wonderful speakers.
They certainly do. Even straight from the box these Dalis sounded taut and cohesive.

I can't ever envisage changing amplifier brands. Just love how Leema presents music. Whether it's the Pulse or another Tucana, I'll probably go to grave with one.

It's early days yet, but these Dalis really sing.

plasticpenguin

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Bookham, Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thats some speaker journey PP you first posted in March and listed the Dali Rubicon 2 at the start & here you are with a pair nice one👍

Look forward to some pics & maybe a quick review, I hope things improve for you and yours in your personel life🤞🏻
Thanks.

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Glad you like them they took ages to get to you but worth the wait i guess

I think Dali are very under rated speaker company that make very good speakers and makes me mad when people say they sound to bright its complete rubbish .

Dali speakers just need carful amplifier matching to get them sounding right and speaker placement .

As you no i have the Dali rubicon 8s and i had trouble getting them sounding right but now finally after a lot of moving them around got them to sound right at last and now can enjoy them more .

Reactions: Ady

plasticpenguin

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Bookham, Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Glad you like them they took ages to get to you but worth the wait i guess

I think Dali are very under rated speaker company that make very good speakers and makes me mad when people say they sound to bright its complete rubbish .

Dali speakers just need carful amplifier matching to get them sounding right and speaker placement .

As you no i have the Dali rubicon 8s and i had trouble getting them sounding right but now finally after a lot of moving them around got them to sound right at last and now can enjoy them more .
Thanks Blacksabbath.

Yes, it's the old adage: the best things come to those that wait.

Only heard the brand once before in circa 2007 at a hi-fi show. They were the Ikon 2.

Dali are very underrated or not trendy. That's why people don't give a monkeys about my system: Leema and Exposure are also very overlooked. Their loss IMO. The combo is great sounding.

Reactions: Blacksabbath25

Steve Stifler

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2015
Leatherhead
AKA
Jez
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Congratulations on your new speakers. Pleased you are already very happy with them. Wow! One heck of a wait but worth it in the end. Hope the health issue mentioned has improved.
All the best.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
:cool: Single wired too - no faffing about.

plasticpenguin

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Bookham, Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Congratulations on your new speakers. Pleased you are already very happy with them. Wow! One heck of a wait but worth it in the end. Hope the health issue mentioned has improved.
All the best.
Thanks.

Mrs. P won't get any better until the NHS decide if she meets their criterior. That won't be before the middle of December. She'll be bed-ridden by the end of the year if not seen.

Anyhoo, these speakers are very special.

I'll give a full review on the 20th Nov, as it gives me time to fully acclimatise to the different presentation...and Mrs. P is having a sleepover at the Royal Brompton hospital (not related to the above issues).

So far very impressive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles