Old 70's pioneer sa706 requires engineer near Chester

magnol

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 24, 2009
Chester
AKA
John
Big 1970's amp with macho meters needs help to restart life. Also would like the illuminated vu meters converting to blue light.

Anyone know a good engineer in north west - nearer to Chester the better who could do the work.

luckysim0n

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 23, 2013
Liverpool
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
There is a guy in Bolton that a couple of people rate don't know his name but no doubt someone will

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

take5

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2008
lancs
AKA
brian
There is a guy in Bolton that a couple of people rate don't know his name but no doubt someone willSent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This would be MIKE POWELL. Many of us here in the North West have used him to fix stuff. He is excellent.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Mike Powell in Bolton is excellent as reported. I've seen him with everything from Garrard to Krell. He has recapped and rebulbed an old 70's Japanese powerhouse integrated for me so I don't believe your Pioneer would be an issue.

http://www.mpavservice.co.uk

Doug Brady in Warrington have an in house engineer. They also have a good reputation though I have only used them to give my Keith Monks the once over. TBF they told me it didn't need any work and that's always a positive.

MrSammy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 25, 2009
Wirral & London,
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd give Acton Gate Audio in Wrexham a ring, they've always been absolutely fantastic for me.
I would second the recommendation for Acton Gate. They will try and keep anything you've got alive and kicking.

Doug Brady can probably help you out as well.

Both of the above will treat you well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.