Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ooh don't let solid see your picture there.

Far too good looking for a HiFi nerd.
biggrin.png

ultrasonic

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2006
, , United Kingdom
Did you see the system pics on the right? Those missions are for temorary use only by the way! Once hifis sorted in comes the LCD or plasma:djermaica:but for the time being, el cheapo phillips CRT will have to do!

I am quite a geek when it comes to hifi, i confess to girls i measure the distance of speakers from the rear/side wars until they are matching, spend more money on my cables than their handbags and post on geeky hifi forums...they thinks its sweet! Whatever next!
yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif

cheers

Ultra

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can I just make it clear right now that I hate you.

tongue.png
:D:D:D

Bloody stomach like that comming on here. Barsteward!

wink.png

E

earl of sodbury

That is one great looking system Ultra, hope the speaker hunt is successful.

ultrasonic wrote:

... I am quite a geek when it comes to hifi, i confess to girls i measure the distance of speakers from the rear/side wars until they are matching, spend more money on my cables than their handbags and post on geeky hifi forums...they thinks its sweet! Whatever next!
yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif
Funny how understanding they can be when a bloke's good-lookin' :raoflmfao:

churz, eofs

ultrasonic

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2006
, , United Kingdom
istari knight wrote:

ultrasonic , what speaker cable you using ?James.
QED genesis biwire:eek:j:

You can get it for a very fair price on eBay but its the termination that costs a bomb, its quite fiddley to do yurself as there are 8 seperately insulated cores per wire so 32 per end!

cheers,

Ultra

ronc

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 14, 2006
Gold Coast Australia
AKA
Ron
Ultra:

My wife has just seen your picture. I think she wants you to come round and look at our system, preferably in the summer though, so you don't wear a shirt. (We have lots of nice kit you know...). She hasn't quite confessed to this view, but she does seem remarkably more interested in hi fi all of a sudden........

ultrasonic

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2006
, , United Kingdom
Haha cheers Ron, i think i wll take up your offer as you do have some kit that i will never be able to afford!

Guys, Please re check out the system pics as i have now created 3 albums in a presentable manner:oops:

cheers

Ultra

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
gaul wrote:

Hawk wrote:
hifiwigwam wrote:
ooh don't let solid see your picture there. Far too good looking for a HiFi nerd.
biggrin.png
LOL, took the words out of my mouth
Same here. Solid, Rock is a kid, only 21. Leave him alone, will you! :shocked:
Not to worry. I am not a cradle-snatcher.

It is Hawk who is my pin-up of the week.
tart.gif

BTW, if Ultrasonic's and Hawk's mugs are put up in a poll in an american hifi forum and the readers asked to guess which one is the Naim and which, the MF user... will it be any surprise if the majority pick perfect square Hawk as the MF user?:raoflmfao:

pipe.gif
Slippers-Mens.jpg

ultrasonic

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2006
, , United Kingdom
I was gonna go down the Naim road, very good hifi but i find naim users get hooked and always lust after the next model up which can get very expensive! The Naims i heard got abit fatiging after half an hour-the MF are better all rounders and look alot nicer imo which is important to me!

Too bad MF cd players are abit average, otherwise id get the matching cd 308cr as a transport. Future upgrade plans is to add a 308 cr power amp to be sued for bi amping, a decent transport like the gorgeous micromega flagship Aria top loading cd player or a modded Marantz SA11-both have very high bling factor! Oh and the mains but that will be when all the hardware is settled

Cheers

Ultra

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles