Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2012
exeter
AKA
john
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
running win 7 and until i can sort out the squeezebox whats a good player to play flacs from. wmp is driving me nuts. I want to point the new player at my flac library only. I hope this makes sense its all new to me

atomheartmother

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2012
exeter
AKA
john
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ivew just dll foobar but cant seem to populate with my library. ive pointed the library configure at my flac file s but it just says monitoring. nothing seems to populate?

brystonian

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2012
Bedfordshire
AKA
Jim
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I tend to strip foobar back to a really basic interface and navigate my music in windows explorer. Not everyones cup of tea, but might be worth a try.

mongeddavid

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 22, 2009
Herts, ,
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Foobar here too. It will take some time to populate your library if it is of any size. ( Mine is around 1.5TB at the mo ) This only or should only have to be done once though.

gjm

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 6, 2007
NZ & loving it!
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Foobar. Free, does what it should.

Not sure about libraries and so on - sure it can be done, though.

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jriver. 30day trial then you have to pay but well worth it IMO

AmDismal

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2007
Foobar works, but is not pleasant to use IMO. I now use J River, way better UI, much more customisable and loads of extra functionality. Well worth the cash.

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good luck in your search. Plenty of suitable info/software available via the Tim Berners-Lee thang ...

I prefer what I do, and suggest you sort out what suits you ...

We prefer if we have only FLAC-source version to convert it to more universally-interchangeable format, so it plays via any platform/software ...

You ideally will establish what suits you/your context.

edavey

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 12, 2010
having tried them all, my view is that jriver is best - it has all the features you will need to manage a collection according to your *own* particular requirements.

If you use an ipod touch / iphone or ipad there is a great 'app' called jremote which allows you to control the media center.

But jremote also works as a upnp client, meaning you can stream audio to the iphone which is useful if you for eaxample a) want to listen with headphones whilst doing housework or b) sit the device on a dock like the iPure and connect it up to your dac for proper listening...

hermit

Wammer
Wammer
May 9, 2013
Glasgow
AKA
Paul
Foobar works, but is not pleasant to use IMO.
I thought that but then I worked out you just need a few plugins or components.

To control foobar from another pc on the network you need to look here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=62218

This is an http controller and lets you control foobar from the internet browser of another pc on the network. Also you need to install a skin to get best use. I like the ajquery skin.

To control foobar from an android phone you need the foobar2000 controller pro - 90p. Install on both phone and pc. BTW the killer app is that when someone calls you it pauses the music - when you hang up it starts again - no more missed calls.

I found that foobar is better than the logitech media server interfaces and I say this as someone who has used a squeezebox since 2003. I just sold my squeezebox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online