Wammer
Wammer
Jan 24, 2007
Lancs
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is most likely a really simple thing but as I've said I'm a bit of a ludite . If I've got a tablet and use something like Soptify or or somesuch site , what do I need to get it to play through my amplifier / speakers .

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but it's an old amp with just ordinary RCA inputs , no digital in's .

Please take pitty on an idiot and point me in the right direction .

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
If your tablet has a USB port then, a USB to S/pdif converter might be simplest.

The IPad for example doesn't have a USB port but you can purchase their 'camera converter' kit which allows a USB interface.

Keith.

Ed Howarth

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Apr 17, 2012
Isle of Mull
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
At the risk of saying something obvious, if you just want fairly low quality sound, you just need a lead with a 3.5 mm jack plug on one end and a pair of phonos on the other. Plug into the headphone socket of the tablet. Less than a tenner, but many people have several in a drawer somewhere

Funkpig

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 19, 2013
Oakham
AKA
Tony
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
If it's an iPad, I use one of these:

http://www.pure.com/product/i-20-vl-61429/

It works for an iPad too. It bypasses the internal iPad sound stage (a good thing) and provides an output direct to phono (via an internal DAC) or a digital output for you to feed into a DAC of your own choosing. The internal DAC is actually not bad. Pretty good for £80.

Hope this helps.

early

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 24, 2007
Lancs
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks fellas, I'll sort out a cable whilst I'm still playing. The tablet has got a micro USB so I can look into a s/dipf adaptor later.

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good luck.

Basically, crippled little digital devices sound best when played suitably through their crippled own sound-outlets.

Ditto digital.

Usually the spelling is with 2 'd's, or accuracy/enjoyment is lost. I shall not be too pernickety, or in 4 years youngsters will no longer be able to strive to be number 1, but number 9 - 0 or something ...

GIGO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.