Pontificate about the sound of equipment you have never heard in here

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Let's have a dedicated thread where you can let it all out. Feel free to compare the sound to other things you haven't heard.

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just for clarification like, can both bits of kit be something one has never heard, or just one of them?

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Bonus points if you have heard neither, Bob.

In fact, if you could arrange an entire group test of things you've not heard you may as well just be declared the winner.

hearingisbelieving

Wammer
Wammer
May 10, 2011
Bendorf, Germany
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Never heard the Vox Olympians but I am 100% sure they are the best speakers ever!

Never heard any Linn stuff but I am quite certain it is all shit!

Done

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Nice warm up. Could you possibly flesh things out a bit by talking about the drivers, or perhaps the veneers?

pure sound

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 10, 2011
West Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I presume that having very, very strongly held opinions about things unheard is the only way to be? Being undecided or slightly ambivalent presumably doesn't cut it. No-one wants to read that sort of wishy washy crap.

I've never heard the Pioneer P3a turntable, nor the Denon DP100 nor indeed the big Onkyo direct drive but, because they are direct drive, Japanese and rare as hen's teeth I can safely say they are much better than anything that's ever been made anywhere ever. I've also never listened to any of the top Accuphase stuff but it's undoubtedly some of the worst electronics ever built. You only have to look at the pictures to realise that.

How am I doing?

monya

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 5, 2007
London, , United Kin
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anything over a grand has to be overpriced and can be got for at least half as much with no loss of sound quality.

silencio

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 12, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
AKA
Chris
The more you go into the details of any of the stuff you've not heard, the better. Throw in the acoustics of a room, you've never seen, and do the virtual comparison with music you've never listened to and you've got a winner:)

rmsshipbroker

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
Yorkshire
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I once dreamt that I'd heard the almighty Ongaku.

The voluptuous and organic nature of the sound was exquisite.

It's sparkling irridescent sound sent me into paroxysms of ecstacy.

Truly this was the ultimate audio nirvana that I have made my life's quest to find.

Or was it shit? :?

themadlatvian

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 28, 2008
Huddersfield
AKA
John
I think that the veneer on speakers is one of the most important performance criteria for good sound.

Never have been impressed with cherry veneered stuff.

However, that tiger-eye must sound absolutely bloody magnificent, bitingly excellent.

:)

M

Mike P

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bonus points if you have heard neither, Bob.In fact, if you could arrange an entire group test of things you've not heard you may as well just be declared the winner.

f1eng

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2009
Wantage, U K
AKA
Frank
I've never heard the Vox Olympians but I am sure they are a pile of overpriced crap.

I have never heard a Linn system but I am sure that is what is used in the Elysian Fields.

How was that?

Turn it up!

Wam Bam
Wammer Plus
Nov 27, 2012
Brighton
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Never heard any AN, Kondo, Vox Olympians, Horn speakers, Electrostatic or pretty much any high end stuff. Now I come to think of it what am I dong on this forum....? They do all seem to have nice veneer. I'm sure every single piece of high end equipment is absolutely the very, very best that has ever been created. Thats what the dealer just told me on the phone when I was ordering my never owned Nordost cables....

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I haven't heard a completely objective opinion from a Wammer. I am sure, though, that I will treat it as completely subjective and partisan as I believe that to be the expected behaviour.

sent from a different Galaxy

vacdac

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I haven't heard Linns recent recycled Whisky Barrel plinthed 'Ultimate incarnationWhatever' LP12.

Precisely 'cos it is undoubtedly shit & more than a bit TWATTISH. Being made by Ginger Scotchies it will undoubtedly give you a dose of each 'n every sort of 'THE CLAP' known to human & veterinary medicine.

Their Radio stations realy are shit tho' !! Pure Fanny Batter IMV. :x :td:

Funkpig

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 19, 2013
Oakham
AKA
Tony
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
"I haven't heard Linns recent recycled Whisky Barrel plinthed 'Ultimate incarnationWhateverIK' LP12."

Fixt..

Diapason

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 6, 2012
Dublin
AKA
Simon
All equipment designed or built in the UK is targeted at pipe n' slippers listeners and sounds as exciting as oxtail soup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles