Posh resturant rant

M

MallyMad

Hmmm...if that's his idea of hell he would last 30seconds in my world. Tit.

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I happen to think Jay Rayner is a more astute reader of life than most. His prose are (mostly) written with his tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The undeserving rich who pay for my job to exist are all so ignorant of the luxuries they consume...boohoo. Twat! That really is a first world rant, pretentious middle class wanker!

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
"Being a restaurant critic is assumed to be heaven. It's meant to be bliss. Instead, because of other people, it all too often becomes something else: a complete and utter hell".

Poor love. I hope they put some phlegm in his next meal or some of that stuff what Mr Cat doesn't like the smell of.

Tongue in cheek my arse, it's probably in the arse of the glitterati he pretends to dislike. He must of run out of things to write about food. Perhaps a week or two emptying the bins or even as a kitchen porter might shut the pretentious twat up.

Pierre The Bear

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 19, 2009
LEEDS
AKA
John
I like Jay Raynor he knows his food and he's a good food critic and I absolutely love "posh restaurants". I'm a working class lad who grafts his balls off and it's lovely to treat myself every now and then in a posh restaurant.

gazar

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 24, 2007
Aberdeen. Scotland
AKA
Gaz
Its old hat, but my mum is a great cook, my daughter has now developed her instincts into an successful business and I'm no slouch myself. actually enjoying cooking for family, friends and even yourself remains a joy to me. The ability to make something special with so little effort. Everything involved in cooking, just seems second nature to me. I do fuck up sometimes, but you know better next time.

Diapason

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 6, 2012
Dublin
AKA
Simon
I like Jay Raynor he knows his food and he's a good food critic and I absolutely love "posh restaurants". I'm a working class lad who grafts his balls off and it's lovely to treat myself every now and then in a posh restaurant.
Agreed on all counts! :goodone:

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think he's right.

I go to eat out mostly for the food, but also for a great time. I hate anybody whose idea of a great time is spending a lot of money but having no appreciation of what they are buying.

Best food I ever ate was in a tiny french town, in a cafe occupied mostly by lorry drivers, with a set menu at around £10 each including a glass of wine. Superb cooking, no assholes and sunshine to boot.

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Agree with Rocky.

Often 'Posh' restaurants are more about image than substance.

Best food depends on care, skill, etc...

Best times I've had have often been simple, but include under stars late in Spain, or in (more 'truck drivers') local hot-spots.

Or in my own kitchen, of course!

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Agree with Rocky.Often 'Posh' restaurants are more about image than substance.

Best times I've had have often been simple, but include under stars late in Spain, or in (more 'truck drivers') local hot-spots.

Most expensive restaurants I've been to have been really good, but then I don't have a chip on my shoulder about these kind of things.

If you need some recommendations, let me know.

• Upvote
Reactions: Pierre The Bear

Pierre The Bear

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 19, 2009
LEEDS
AKA
John
I think he's right.I go to eat out mostly for the food, but also for a great time. I hate anybody whose idea of a great time is spending a lot of money but having no appreciation of what they are buying.

Best food I ever ate was in a tiny french town, in a cafe occupied mostly by lorry drivers, with a set menu at around £10 each including a glass of wine. Superb cooking, no assholes and sunshine to boot.
Agree with Rocky.Often 'Posh' restaurants are more about image than substance.

Of course your both right but restaurants are about choice and if people are rich and or stupid enough to part with their money for average food that's up to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Most expensive restaurants I've been to have been really good, but then I don't have a chip on my shoulder about these kind of things.If you need some recommendations, let me know.
Well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles