Primare Owners & Fans

S

smu

Hiya cjr,

i have the i30 amp and its an absolute belter. I got it in black to match the rest of my kit and it sounds even better than it looks !

My system,naim 5x/fc2x/primare i30/B&W 704's/chord co. cables

contour

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 25, 2006
, , Netherlands
Thanks for the great link CJR. Needless to say the A30.1 mkII is a great amp and looks the part too. I think it's a great buy and I'm sure it will be in my system for many many years. What's also very cool is that the suplied remote also controls my recently bought secondhand Marantz SA-17S1 witch sounds great in combination with the amp by the way and does realy deep and tight bass absolutely great with rock:rockin:

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Smu/Cont fellow primares.

Thought you chaps would appreciate the links, you would think that many other brands would do the same, esp when the reviews are so positive they have saved on their server.

FWIW always nice to see a A30/I30 paired with another marquesdisc spinner and seeing other speakers that are used with this lovely ingot of an amplifier. Nice systems you chaps have amassed there. FWIW the A30 will be in my system as long as I am in this hobby too Contour.

Now I am just off to add this to the Gorgeous Gadgets thread :

PrimareA30.jpg

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
mrfaize wrote:

Nice to see what they write about your kit after you've bought it. Love my Primare entry level CD and Amp (CD21 & I20). Must get round to demoing one of the *30 amps at some point - not many dealers stock Primare round my way.
MrF, you have in your posession there the gem of Primare amplifier range IMHO, almost what is classed as a "loss leader" to me, it could easily be priced at the £1000-1100 mark. Only its big brother causes it to be looked down upon I reckon, not by me FWIW give me that amp any day over any other brit made job at the same price level. I think the A20 MkII (in essence your I20) second hand is one of the bargains of the century in this hobby.

S

smu

contour

my i30 remote also operates my naim 5x,which is very handy.

mrfaize

no primare dealers in my area at all. i made a 500 mile round trip to the republic of ireland for my amp and got lost along the way ! !
biggrin.png
had a massive row with my darling girlfriend (who was driving) and never spoke the rest of the trip .
biggrin.png
:D:D

but it was well worth the stress ! !

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
smu wrote:

contourmy i30 remote also operates my naim 5x,which is very handy.

mrfaize

no primare dealers in my area at all. i made a 500 mile round trip to the republic of ireland for my amp and got lost along the way ! !
biggrin.png
had a massive row with my darling girlfriend (who was driving) and never spoke the rest of the trip .
biggrin.png
:D:D

but it was well worth the stress ! !
Wow, she drove, and didn't talk all the way AND you got a really nice amp. You are one lucky chap IMO.:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
Thats a really usefuly site Colin. It would be great if other sites were as comprehensive. I guess they have faith in their products whatever a review says.

I have a Primare A30.1 on loan and as you would expect its remote controls my Bow cdp, for obvious reasons. But what surprised me was the Primare's RC can even turn off the display on amp and cdp.

contour

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 25, 2006
, , Netherlands
I see you got the Primare paired with some Dynaudio's 1.8 mkII's. How is that working out? I had those speakers myself but couldn't get them to work in my room cause of excesive bass boom. Very nice speakers though but have no regrets switching to the 1.3SE's as they have even nicer trebble and are more neutral imo. I think the Primare Dynaudio combo is working very nicely onder what your experiences are Sony6million.

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
Hi Contour,

I posted a bit aobut the speakers in anthoer thread about Dynaudio by Solid Statesman.

I had some Contour 3.3s in my living room earlier this year. They were about 4 feet tall, 44kgs each, and the bass that came out of them made my organs vibrate and induse nausea lol. So the 1.8s are a bit more subtle. I think they are more suitable for my room also,given their size. There is some slight boom, but I like bass, and in the main it is well controlled bass.

As for partnering them with the Primare, it is just a temporary measure until my amp is fixed. The A30.1 does a decent job of driving them, although I would say it is not the ideal partner. The 1.8s and indeed probably all Dynaudios need a lot of grip and like being driven hard. The A30.1 seems a bit soft; it needs a little kick, or 'bite' to really get things going. A lot of tracks seem ever so slightly slower with the Primare. Its a lovely listen though. However the Bel Canto does it so much better, for me.

E

Effem

You would indeed be surprised at how much life and energygets injected into Primare kit with a silver power cord. I heard the transformation myself a few weeks ago and it was stunning how the Primare amp could boogie when it was able to

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Sony6million wrote:

Thats a really usefuly site Colin. It would be great if other sites were as comprehensive. I guess they have faith in their products whatever a review says. I have a Primare A30.1 on loan and as you would expect its remote controls my Bow cdp, for obvious reasons. But what surprised me was the Primare's RC can even turn off the display on amp and cdp.
Yeah Phil useful I agree and putting review links like that in with the quality of the photographs which are stunning, quite a smart move actually for potential buyers browsing the net and finding that site. Does its own marketing really, PS I noticed you had a loan spell of a A30.1, that is one lovely looking rig you have there at Chez Sony. Quick cue to gratuitous shot your loaned A30.1.

today2004.jpg

You have a nice eye for detail and finish If I may say so.

Ive heard a A30.1 driving 1.8 IIs before myself, was not going at extreme volume but I thought it sounded lovely one of thr reasons I got the amp in the first place (thus the 1.8 IIs were stored for future attention should I go down a floorer route). Your point about grip is an interesting one, in that Curtis owned a A30.1 for a while into 1.3 IIs, and felt the speakers needed more welly. Before getting the 400i. What is up with the Bel Canto BTW ?

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
might get lynched for saying this in a Fans + Owners thread, but I prefer the looks of the Bel Canto to the Primare :minikiev:

then again, you've all seen what my kit looks like, so I shouldn't really comment :lmao:

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Biscuit wrote:

might get lynched for saying this in a Fans + Owners thread, but I prefer the looks of the Bel Canto to the Primare :minikiev:then again, you've all seen what my kit looks like, so I shouldn't really comment :lmao:
Both lovely looking devices - have said earlier Sony has a great eye for detail. Still prefer the Primare though, good to see where Hovalnd got the insparation for the HP-100 from though, or maybe Primare my money is on Bo.C coming up with the look first though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles