Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Norwich,
AKA
Clive
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks very much for the update, I'd meant to update but what with being Easter had forgotten.

Looking forward to it. We could do a big system (stacked Quads) if possible but equally happy to bring a small bedroom system if that works best in the new location

Thanks very much again for your efforts in organising,

Kind regards, Clive

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
thanks Clive, I've filled out the columns for you, also appreciate the feedback on refund

there are a couple of large conference rooms but the hotel pricing on those really only makes them suitable for trade exhibitors, the good news is that the exhibitors' rooms will be either twin or doubles - these are roughly the same size but different shapes (the hotel we think will suit our membership as it's 'quirky' :)) but they are 15-20m² each with very high ceilings. There is a ballroom but it's bigger than most gig venues round here!

kind regards,
Paul

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can't remember how many exhibitor rooms are actually available, but with 38 rooms claimed, that's a damn fine result this far out from the actual show.
Well done people.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
it's tight now that's for sure, we hope for 35 rooms so 38 is pleasing, thanks to all

we will be visiting again mid-May and will decide which rooms to remove from the pool then as we think some are awkward to get into

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can't remember how many exhibitor rooms are actually available, but with 38 rooms claimed, that's a damn fine result this far out from the actual show.
Well done people.
As I am one of the " People " thanks John :LOL:

Reactions: Maverick

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tickets not available yet .
as Barry says too early yet.
We are concentrating on the exhibitors right now.

Roo is working on an online booking system in between his day job and fixing stuff here :)

Watch for an announcement in the 2022 Show section, thanks for your support - you'll love it and maybe you'll fancy exhibiting in future?

kind regards,
Paul

terryg1

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 19, 2012
Northampton
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HHS2Wh4s7UsMBuNILz5MQz5vGwn6cpa0SVrOqumCmAo/edit#gid=0

Will be closing on Monday 25th April, by then it will have been open for 30 days which is longer than the team originally intended.

Next step will be to reshuffle and put those not confirming on the bench as well as hopefully promote new entrants so the clock is ticking guys!

cheers,
The Show Team
Will how to pay for room be posted after this date thanks guys and galls for your hard work

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi mate

Many thanks for your support and enthusiasm !

Once we close on Monday the next step will be another visit to the hotel to decide which rooms we will allocate - we are aiming for the best flow and the main corridors are generally nice and wide - this is the next step as some rooms have sub-optimal access. Rooms have a wider door than modern internal doors so we hope they will be accessible for those with mobility difficulties.

We will then put up a new allocation / payment sheet. As I mentioned above Roo is working on an online booking system (in between his day job and fixing stuff here) and when this is ready there will be an announcement and room numbers are how we plan to handle bookings.

Drop dead for payment is likely to be 1st August in line with our contract with the hotel, who are delighted at the level of support we have received.

kind regards,
Paul

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Paul, whilst the team will do what's necessary to make this a success as will we. When you consider some of the access issues for Scalford I can't see the sub-optimal ones here being any worse. If there's sufficient exhibitor demand for these additional rooms I'd say make use of them.
As for reduced disabled access then I would imagine that provided those affected can access 90% of the available rooms then there won't be any complaints. After all it's an old building and they would be well aware of the inherant problems associated with such a venue.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Paul, whilst the team will do what's necessary to make this a success as will we. When you consider some of the access issues for Scalford I can't see the sub-optimal ones here being any worse. If there's sufficient exhibitor demand for these additional rooms I'd say make use of them.
As for reduced disabled access then I would imagine that provided those affected can access 90% of the available rooms then there won't be any complaints. After all it's an old building and they would be well aware of the inherant problems associated with such a venue.
We have 38 bookings so far so the aim is to use the best rooms for exhibitors and to ease visitor flow - tempting though it is to use hard to find rooms just for laughs (and history)!

Reactions: robin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles