Puresound A30 vs Unison Research S6

M

MallyMad

Being in the market for a s/h valve amp I've very kindly been offered these. Both roughly the same price. I'm not very experienced with valve amps so would welcome comments and suggestions on both.

For use with my ANKs. :love:

Thanks.

luckysim0n

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 23, 2013
Liverpool
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Just recently upgraded my speakers as I was leaving the shop I was talking to the Andrew and said that looks nice pointing to a valve amp.

He took me outside and pointed to the Puresound A30 and told me 300 cheaper and way better took it home himself and was amazed.

Not that that helps you but it's the information I have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

malcesine

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 13, 2010
Central Scotland
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A30 is superb, you will not be disappointed - even better, they can be bought for around half of rrp on the forums when they come up

Haven't heard S6 but the Unison hybrids valve/SS (Unico etc) are also very good.

reformed audiophile

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 24, 2009
London
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Interesting choice. Both are valve amps rated around the same power but with quite different circuits. The A30 is push-pull and the S6 is (parallel) single-ended. On balance, I would lean towards the S6 given my experiences with the Unison Simply 2 and 4. I do own and like Audio Innovations though (which you can trace Puresound's lineage to).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles