Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having recently been astounded at how good a £4 ic sounded, i asked myself if a reason we dont then keep a cheapo bit is psychological, and that we need the so called "credibility" that something with a big name, and a bigger price tag brings to the party....? Come on boys, be honest.............

Didnt realize id posted this here, can a mod stick it in 2 ch debate please?

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
Guess which part of the map IHB is presently on.

LargeMap_ME4.gif

gasman

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
Notts, ,
AKA
Brian
mosfet wrote:

Guess which part of the map IHB is presently on.
LargeMap_ME4.gif
I dont know, but if its taken him this long to arrive at this conclusion its going to take him an awful long time to get home, boy o boy.

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
FrontFloater wrote:

But maybe the Road to Damascus is paved with silver .... BOB
Very clever Bob! very clever.....paved with silver mithril maybe?

Oh, Mos and Gas,i dont really think its just me there do you? in fact, lets add, say 95% of wammers shall we?

E

Effem

I'm with you Ice on this one because how else do you explain the behaviour of all of these hi-fi nymphomaniacs that are forever chasing kit looking forthe as yetelusive perfect component,shouting veryloudly about how wonderfulthe latest toy they have purchased sounds,then lo and behold it appears for sale section soon afterwards.

Been down the exactsame road myself I will openly confess but have reached a very good place right now
whistling.gif.b56e45ab421c066833020c8ede98c081.gif

G

Effem wrote:

I'm with you Ice on this one because how else do you explain the behaviour of all of these hi-fi nymphomaniacs that are forever chasing kit looking forthe as yetelusive perfect component,shouting veryloudly about how wonderfulthe latest toy they have purchased sounds,then lo and behold it appears for sale section soon afterwards.Been down the exactsame road myself I will openly confess but have reached a very good place right now
My take on it would be that some peeps have a problem spotting the difference between a change in presentation and a positive upgrade. Hence the box swapping.

E

earl of sodbury

Effem wrote:

I'm with you Ice on this one because how else do you explain the behaviour of all of these hi-fi nymphomaniacs that are forever chasing kit looking forthe as yetelusive perfect component,shouting veryloudly about how wonderfulthe latest toy they have purchased sounds,then lo and behold it appears for sale section soon afterwards.Been down the exactsame road myself I will openly confess but have reached a very good place right now
Good for you.

So, what is the secret shortcut to Damascus, oh guru?

Vic Mackey

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 10, 2006
Below the Noise Floo
Duvet wrote:

Effem wrote:
My take on it would be that some peeps have a problem spotting the difference between a change in presentation and a positive upgrade. Hence the box swapping.
I think they are two sides of the same coin.

To me it is and was to find the sound that I think represents the closest musicalrepresentation to the master tape. One will never ever attain live sound with a domestic system. So we have to select according to what we percive to be accurate and pleasant to listen to.

System Synergy alsoplays a big partand sometimes one hits great sound sooner sometimes later and some listenersnever.

But most of all, the reproducedsound has to connect with me and if it doesn't the culprit will be shown the door.

I also believe that some people tell themselves (after investing a large amount of hard earned) that it surely must sound good now.

As for wire. I have never heard bell wire outperform high end cables.

And how often is the listening environment ignored and the equipment blamed?

Just my 2pee

Vic
smile.png

E

Effem

earl of sodbury wrote:

Effem wrote:
Good for you.

A couple of hours ofspare time, a few quid andhot soldering iron. You more than anyone should know better
Bird.gif.e5ad7f48d8bb596824f2dfdd3446d314.gif

Been lifting the lids on all sorts of things lately and even well designed and specced kit has room for improvements dont'cha know

E

earl of sodbury

Effem wrote:

earl of sodbury wrote:
Effem wrote:
Good for you.

A couple of hours ofspare time, a few quid andhot soldering iron. You more than anyone should know better
Bird.gif.e5ad7f48d8bb596824f2dfdd3446d314.gif

Been lifting the lids on all sorts of things lately and even well designed and specced kit has room for improvements dont'cha know
I am, obviously, Brilliant, but I can't read minds. Well 'fessed-up! You are right
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zlatan