Q Acoustics 3030i dedicated stands opinions sought

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just inherited a pair of Q Acoustics 3020i with the dedicated stands.

I've also a pair of 3030i in the living room system on hi fi racks wooden stands. They sound nice but....

The 3020i's are sounding far better than they should on their dedicated stands in the listening den. Probably better than the 3030i's downstairs, then again the living room doesn't sound as good, wooden floors rather than carpets etc. They also give the Quad S2's a run for their money in the music den; both have their stronger points.

I'm going to give the 3020i's a spin on their stands n the loving room soon.

In the meantime, any owners of the 3030i's here who use the dedicated stands, have you compared with other stands, do you think it might be worth buying the dedicated stands for the 3030i's?

Reactions: DomT

Sotosound

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2014
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I've also a pair of 3030i in the living room system on hi fi racks wooden stands. They sound nice but....

The 3020i's are sounding far better than they should on their dedicated stands in the listening den. Probably better than the 3030i's downstairs, then again the living room doesn't sound as good, wooden floors rather than carpets etc. They also give the Quad S2's a run for their money in the music den; both have their stronger points.

In the meantime, any owners of the 3030i's here who use the dedicated stands, have you compared with other stands, do you think it might be worth buying the dedicated stands for the 3030i's?

I have a pair of QA stands that I bought for my 2020i speakers and they sounded good to me. They also sounded good under a pair of far more expensive Russell K Red 50 speakers.

Out of curiosity, have you tried the 3030i speakers on your 3000i stands?

There's only two inches height difference between the Q Acoustics 3000i and 3030i stands and I imagine that construction is the same. Might be worth a punt just to gather some kind of impression.

Reactions: Headcoat

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Completely OT but I smiled so much at the thought of you having a "loving room" 😄

The dedicated stands for the Concept 20 and Concept 300 models are said to make a worthwhile improvement (my 20's are wall-mounted so I can't proffer personal experience). So if the same holds true of the 30-series stands then it's probably worth that experiment with yours.

• Haha
Reactions: newlash09

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Completely OT but I smiled so much at the thought of you having a "loving room" 😄

The dedicated stands for the Concept 20 and Concept 300 models are said to make a worthwhile improvement (my 20's are wall-mounted so I can't proffer personal experience). So if the same holds true of the 30-series stands then it's probably worth that experiment with yours.
I'm always pressing the o instead of the i when typing. Glad it made you smile,

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a pair of QA stands that I bought for my 2020i speakers and they sounded good to me. They also sounded good under a pair of far more expensive Russell K Red 50 speakers.

Out of curiosity, have you tried the 3030i speakers on your 3000i stands?

There's only two inches height difference between the Q Acoustics 3000i and 3030i stands and I imagine that construction is the same. Might be worth a punt just to gather some kind of impression.
Not tried them on the 3000i stands nope, could do but the top and bottom plates are smaller, and don't think they will be able to be bolted on - which I guess is an integral part of the speaker to stand interface.

Reactions: Sotosound

Sotosound

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2014
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm always pressing the o instead of the i when typing. Glad it made you smile,
Can I interest you in buying a Rega OO amplifier? :)
Not tried them on the 3000i stands nope, could do but the top and bottom plates are smaller, and don't think they will be able to be bolted on - which I guess is an integral part of the speaker to stand interface.
I just placed my 2020is on the stand using the speakers' little rubber feet. If the 3030is' feet are too far apart to fit onto the 3000i top plate then the whole idea is b*ggered, assuming that they have little rubber feet. Do they?

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can I interest you in buying a Rega OO amplifier? :)

I just placed my 2020is on the stand using the speakers' little rubber feet. If the 3030is' feet are too far apart to fit onto the 3000i top plate then the whole idea is b*ggered, assuming that they have little rubber feet. Do they?
They do have the rubber feet, yes. But said rubber feet are designed to sit outside of the larger top plate of the 3030i stand, given that they will certainly be too far apart to fit on the 2020i top plate. Nice idea, though.

I've too many amplifiers as is 😂 And now a burgeoning speaker collection.

BarefootGuy

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 10, 2021

Hi,

I've owned the QA 3030i's, but while I did not own the dedicated stands for them, I did use the Concept 20 stands, some HiFi Racks solid oak stands, and a sideboard. Frankly, they sounded good on all of them, but the sideboard was the least helpful by a mile. If I had to nit-pick, I'd say the Concept 20 stands where the best fit sonically, but it might just be a placebo effect on my part. They seemed to disappear and firm up the bass better than the oak stands. You can get a pair on that big auction site for about £100 at the moment. A bargain really, as long as you don't mind the looks. The top plate is also a little on the small side for the 3030i's. I had to be careful not to bump them, and have no kids or pets, so I managed to get away with it. I can see them being knocked off with little effort though. Nice if you have a dedicated listening space though.

Reactions: Headcoat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles