Linn Owners

Qobuz issue with the latest Linn App (v 4.5.6.3) Linn Kazoo (4.15.5)

quinn_t

Wammer
Wammer
May 21, 2022
San Francisco
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello all, I am using the latest version of Linn with my Qobuz Studio Subscription streaming through a NG KDSM/3 , I have recently noticed that I can no longer play any Qobuz album or playlist, the tracks are just quickly loaded in succession.

Logging out and in Qobuz account does not solve the problem! Luckily everything is working fine via Roon.

My NG KDSM/3 has been updated with Davaar 92 Build 459 (4.92.459) Released on 22 Aug 2022

Last edited:

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Turn out that switching off IPv6 fixes it.
Case closed :)
Interesting, and another good data point. Tech support at my ISP had me input numbers to the IPv4 fields, and turn off IPv6. The problem stopped, but did resume. I checked and for some reason IPv6 was on. I turned it off and haven't seen the problem since.

DJK

DJK
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Apologies for my ignorance, but what is IPv6 and how do I switch it on? 2nd thoughts, don’t bother with explanation, just how do I switch it off please?

Reactions: Nopiano

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Apologies for my ignorance, but what is IPv6 and how do I switch it on? 2nd thoughts, don’t bother with explanation, just how do I switch it off please?
Your Akurate DSM doesn’t support IPv6 AFAIK.

’troll

Moomintroll

Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry, I don't understand? If you don't have you can't turn it off.

lf you don't have IPv6, you will be using IPv4, which is less secure because shares addresses with neighbours.
We’re talking about switching off IPv6 support on the DSM.

’troll

Moomintroll

Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Interesting, and another good data point. Tech support at my ISP had me input numbers to the IPv4 fields, and turn off IPv6. The problem stopped, but did resume. I checked and for some reason IPv6 was on. I turned it off and haven't seen the problem since.
I’ve flagged this thread with the Linn Helpline.

I’ll post any reply.

Added- quick reply from Colin:

“Thank you for your e-mail

Not all ISP routers, or ISP’s support IPV6, so it may be necessary to disable IPV6 on the Klimax DSM/3, Majik DSM/4, Series3 and Selekt DSM, as these devices can support IPV6 but your network/ISP may not.

Best Regards”

’troll

Last edited:
Reactions: akamatsu

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its beyond me but how do you control Qobuz etc?

I use ipad to control my streamer, if I turn off IPv6 then it will affect everything on my ipad. Seems Linn need to update their systems.

Moomintroll

Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don’t have IPv6, so have it switched off on my KDSM/3. If I had it, I’d be using it. See reply from Linn in post #12.

’troll

Reactions: quinn_t

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve flagged this thread with the Linn Helpline.

I’ll post any reply.

Added- quick reply from Colin:

“Thank you for your e-mail

Not all ISP routers, or ISP’s support IPV6, so it may be necessary to disable IPV6 on the Klimax DSM/3, Majik DSM/4, Series3 and Selekt DSM, as these devices can support IPV6 but your network/ISP may not.

Best Regards”

’troll
I think most of them do support it now, its been around many years.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Qobuz does not support IPv6, and so do Linn app and Linn Kazoo. So turning off IPv6 makes sense for now (in the context of streaming to any Linn streamer),
Where are you seeing that? Not what Ive read. How do I know what is being used on my ipad? I have 7 addresses at the moment.

Reactions: Benfield

quinn_t

Wammer
Wammer
May 21, 2022
San Francisco
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Where are you seeing that? Not what Ive read. How do I know what is being used on my ipad? I have 7 addresses at the moment.
If you disable IPv6 on your streamer, and everything works, you definitely know IPv6 is not used at all, and also in the Linn Kazoo/App settings, you can check the preferred network/subnet, all IP addresses are in the IPv4 format, for example 192.168.0.0

Reactions: akamatsu

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you disable IPv6 on your streamer, and everything works, you definitely know IPv6 is not used at all, and also in the Linn Kazoo/App settings, you can check the preferred network/subnet, all IP addresses are in the IPv4 format, for example 192.168.0.0
I don't know how to disable IPv6 on my streamer. I have IPv6. I don't have Linn Kazoo/App.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online