Linn Owners

Qobuz issue with the latest Linn App (v 4.5.6.3) Linn Kazoo (4.15.5)

quinn_t

Wammer
Wammer
May 21, 2022
San Francisco
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't know how to disable IPv6 on my streamer. I have IPv6. I don't have Linn Kazoo/App.

I use ipad to control my streamer, if I turn off IPv6 then it will affect everything on my ipad. Seems Linn need to update their systems.
Which Linn streamer do you have?

As said in post #12, the only Linn streamers that support IPv6 are: Klimax DSM/3, Majik DSM/4, Series3 and Selekt DSM.

Get IPv6 out of your mind if you do not own one of those above, and you do not use Linn app/Kazoo. Nothing will mattter.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Which Linn streamer do you have?

As said in post #12, the only Linn streamers that support IPv6 are: Klimax DSM/3, Majik DSM/4, Series3 and Selekt DSM.

Get IPv6 out of your mind if you do not own one of those above, and you do not use Linn app/Kazoo. Nothing will mattter.
I don't, I have a Bluesound Node2

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
OK, so nothing, whether IPv6 or IPv4, matters in your system. But I suspect that no streaming service out there actually supports IPv6.
What do mean nothing matters?

Spotify, iTunes, Facebook, Youtube, Pandora and Netflix all support IPv6 apparently.

Last edited:

quinn_t

Wammer
Wammer
May 21, 2022
San Francisco
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What do mean nothing matters?

Spotify, iTunes, Facebook, Youtube, Pandora and Netflix all support IPv6 apparently.
What I am saying is this - since you do not have any linn streamer, so IPv6 or IPv4 does not really matter.
The Qobuz issue only exists with the following streamers:
Klimax DSM/3, Majik DSM/4, Series3 and Selekt DSM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moomintroll

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What I am saying is this - since you do not have any linn streamer, so IPv6 or IPv4 does not really matter.
The Qobuz issue only exists with the following streamers:
Klimax DSM/3, Majik DSM/4, Series3 and Selekt DSM.
I had a similar issue with Qobuz and so have several others, it's not just Linn users, that why Im here. I dont know if my issue is related to yours or not.

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Scrolling but not playing problem? Would you care to elaborate?
On the Linn App or Kazoo, when going to play an album on Qobuz, the queue would be scrolled through, that is, going from one song to the next, to the next, etc. However, none of the songs would play. It will go through the entire queue until it reaches a Tidal song, or one stored on the NAS.

quinn_t

Wammer
Wammer
May 21, 2022
San Francisco
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
On the Linn App or Kazoo, when going to play an album on Qobuz, the queue would be scrolled through, that is, going from one song to the next, to the next, etc. However, none of the songs would play. It will go through the entire queue until it reaches a Tidal song, or one stored on the NAS.
Yes, that was exactly the problem I saw with my NG Klimax DSM/3, and only with Qobuz, music via Roon or NAS is fine. It is fixed by switching IPv6 off as shown below:

1663263160039.png

Last edited:
  • Upvote
Reactions: akamatsu

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, that was exactly the problem I saw with my NG Klimax DSM/3, and only with Qobuz, music via Roon or NAS is fine. It is fixed by switching IPv6 off as shown below:

1663263160039.png
Roon has had issues, they advise turning off IPv6 on the router but I'm not sure that is a good idea.

Last edited:

dikki

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2019
Amsterdam
www.dikki.nl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Roon has had issues, they advise turning off IPv6 on the router but I'm not sure that a good idea.
I've had problems with Roon several times. It resulted in exactly the same behaviour as mentioned earlier: scrolling without playing. Then Roon settings told me I was logged in in Qobuz, but it was actually not. Logging out and logging in did not succeed. A soft restart of the NUC solves the issue, but is not preferable.

Isn't this a huge implementation problem somewhere? I don't know who to blame here, but at least someone has not been paying attention. ipv6 has been around for a while now, and should by now be fully supported.

That includes thorough testing.

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve flagged this thread with the Linn Helpline.

I’ll post any reply.

Added- quick reply from Colin:

“Thank you for your e-mail

Not all ISP routers, or ISP’s support IPV6, so it may be necessary to disable IPV6 on the Klimax DSM/3, Majik DSM/4, Series3 and Selekt DSM, as these devices can support IPV6 but your network/ISP may not.

Best Regards”

’troll
It almost sounds like they are saying that having IPv6 "on" on the DSM with a network that doesn't support it is the problem. However, I had the problem with the AEDSM which doesn't support IPv6. Hmmmm. It's becoming more difficult to come up with a hypothesis that captures all the data.

quinn_t

Wammer
Wammer
May 21, 2022
San Francisco
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It almost sounds like they are saying that having IPv6 "on" on the DSM with a network that doesn't support it is the problem. However, I had the problem with the AEDSM which doesn't support IPv6. Hmmmm. It's becoming more difficult to come up with a hypothesis that captures all the data.
@akamatsu, I think you can disable IPv6 on your router? Worth a try?

quinn_t

Wammer
Wammer
May 21, 2022
San Francisco
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did this two weeks ago. A technician at the ISP had me disable IPv6 on my eero mesh system. With IPv6 off, I've had no further problems with Qobuz.

UPnP, Samba and IPv6 are problematic depending on the mix of your NAS and software used, specifically the transition from IPv4 to IPv6 has been slow even it was first introduced back in the late 1990s, and since IPv6 adoption rate is slow and it is still a work- in-progress, IPv6 will expose some quirky bugs in home wifi routers and a possible solution is to swap them out for a newer superior router.

Last edited:

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did this two weeks ago. A technician at the ISP had me disable IPv6 on my eero mesh system. With IPv6 off, I've had no further problems with Qobuz.
Ah, so, just to clarify… when you said earlier that you had the problem on your AEDSM (which you upgraded to the NGKSM Hub) did you have the eero mesh with IPv6 turned on, at that time?

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ah, so, just to clarify… when you said earlier that you had the problem on your AEDSM (which you upgraded to the NGKSM Hub) did you have the eero mesh with IPv6 turned on, at that time?
Yes. I figure the problem was with my network, and not with the AEDSM. I just think that Linn help desk may have missed the network's contribution to this problem.

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
An update. Since talking with my ISP tech support about three week ago, every morning, I've selected an album not in my playlist, and hit Play. It hasn't yet failed. Just got off the phone with tech support. Apparently, they do not support IPv6. So it would be moot in my case. Just providing more data.

Reactions: quinn_t

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online