Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was helping @Lurch with an Innuos question and saw that QuBoz was now available in Portugal so signed up for a free one month trial. So far I have only found one new wave album that is HD. I had thought that there was meant to be a lot of HD content on here as certainly QoBuz themselves are promoting ‘Studio quality’; whatever that means. Is the HD content to be more found in classical and jazz?

Iceman 16

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 31, 2010
Swansea
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Dom, Go to the main menu and select ‘Discover’ then select you preferred type of music (genre). Hope this helps.

mac72

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 12, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
this is in Windows app , not sure what do you use :
Screenshot (7).png

DomT

Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Dom, Go to the main menu and select ‘Discover’ then select you preferred type of music (genre). Hope this helps.
I did that but everything I am finding is not HD. Only found one HD album so far. Roxy Music for example have no HD albums but some unknown and did a cover version of a Roxy song and that’s in HD. Very weird. See screenshot.

Is it that only some albums are HD? Maybe I had misunderstood the QuBoz model as I thought that many on here were attracted by the HD content.

Using an iPhone Innuos Sense with integrated QoBuz. There are now two HD tracks that I have found. Can’t see what the fuss is about if the content isn’t there. I will go a find some jazz stuff and see if any of that is HD.

CB82E8B9-D918-49A7-8A27-514B3E5A4E2B.png

Last edited:

Iceman 16

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 31, 2010
Swansea
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did that but everything I am finding is not HD. Only found one HD album so far. Roxy Music for example have no HD albums but some unknown and did a cover version of a Roxy song and that’s in HD. Very weird. See screenshot.

Is it that only some albums are HD? Maybe I had misunderstood the QuBoz model as I thought that many on here were attracted by the HD content.

Using an iPhone Innuos Sense with integrated QoBuz. There are now two HD tracks that I have found. Can’t see what the fuss is about if the content isn’t there. I will go a find some jazz stuff and see if any of that is HD.

CB82E8B9-D918-49A7-8A27-514B3E5A4E2B.png
Not every album is Hi-Res. The lowest is cd quality.

DomT

Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When I select the artist in Qobuz via my Cambridge app, if the album is hi res, it tells you next to it.

91FC8E74-6F49-4290-BFFD-0478C0CE1722.jpeg
The problem is that almost all of the artists that I want to listen to do not have HD albums. I did a search for Miles Davis and predictably there are loads of HD albums. Miles Davis is ok but I prefer Grover Washington Jr and he has no HD albums. Well I will continue searching for another day but given the limited content and that the quality is no better than Tidal it seems that QoBuz probably isn’t for me.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The problem is that almost all of the artists that I want to listen to do not have HD albums. I did a search for Miles Davis and predictably there are loads of HD albums. Miles Davis is ok but I prefer Grover Washington Jr and he has no HD albums. Well I will continue searching for another day but given the limited content and that the quality is no better than Tidal it seems that QoBuz probably isn’t for me.
High res here 😊

F9856204-87BC-4D68-9BC7-0BD64F19853D.jpeg

Reactions: TheFlash

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If the company do not issue the music in HD then Qobuz can't transmit it.
Exactly. Qobuz don't alter files AFAIK, so 'we' get what they get.

I ended up moving from Tidal to Qobuz partly because I don't like the BS and controversy behind MQA.

Qobuz seems quite transparent about what you get and I have no issues with the CD quality either.

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Qobuz sd is 26bit (can be 320 for bandwidth) hi res is all above

I have been with Qobuz since outset. Tbh hi res files offer little more than 16bit files. Although it is hard to do do true apples to apples since the hi res are remastered

Reactions: tuga and DomT

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
…but there is, afiak, no jiggers pokery pres stream as you get with Mqa stuff.

It’s not needed. Sd is cd abd that’s just great in car on move at home

DomT

Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
High res here 😊

F9856204-87BC-4D68-9BC7-0BD64F19853D.jpeg
Thanks I double checked and you are right. Because Innuos consolidates all sources in one interface I misread the album symbol. They’re a few HD albums. But way way fewer albums than I expected based on the rave reviews from wammers but we are clearly listening to different music. I will persevere but it’s 4€ more per month than Tidal for from what I can see is less benefit. The HD albums isn’t a deal breaker but if many albums that I like are missing from the platform then that’s another story.

Reactions: Rockchild

hearhere

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 9, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Using the BluOS app and searching for Norah Jones, there are dozens of albums in HD and only a few in CD quality. What does your app offer. Peter

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just finished a month's trial of both Tidal and Qobuz and went with Tidal, mainly because the Qobuz catalogue for a lot of the music I enjoy is still very poor.

As for MQA I have a cheap MQA dac so tried it out and so far I find it sounds very good. I don't care about BS for something as petty as MQA. Does it sound good? Yes. Do the artists get better paid? yes. Will I keep it? dunno. I had to try it and I found it no worse than hi-res on Qobuz and in some cases a little better.

Having done a month's listening to both services I don't get the "audiophile" preference for Qobuz, maybe because so much of the music I listen to isn't audiophile approved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles