Qobuz

Barbour81

Wammer
Jun 1, 2020
Upminster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
On a slightly separate note, does anyone else experience a less than smooth transition between tracks? Mine often stutters/pops and it's quite annoying

Nativebon

MUZIC FIRST
Wammer Plus
Aug 9, 2018
London UK
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wanted a node2i but didn't go ahead with it. Was having some problems with indexing when I had it for trial. I got Qobuz here no problems at all. Using Ultra Rendu with Audiostore Prestige. Running on orange squeeze Android.
Hopefully an update to fix problem should be available soon.

Last edited:

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My Node has worked flawlessly until the last firmware update which was on 26 April. Bluesound are aware of some issues with Qobuz, so let’s hope this is fixed soon. Otherwise I may try a different brand. Or go back to Tidal.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bluesound are now saying there should be an IOS update for iPads/phones in a few days time which should resolve some of the Qobuz issues. Will have to wait and see.

Reactions: Nativebon

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Partially but yes Linn streamers sound quite good but I always been very keen on their sources
Actually I did look into Linn streamers but was put off by the amount posts about problems and seemed over complicated. They also had a limited choice of streaming services. You also seem to need to buy additional gear and maybe have a dealer set it up.

mac72

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 12, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Actually I did look into Linn streamers but was put off by the amount posts about problems and seemed over complicated. They also had a limited choice of streaming services. You also seem to need to buy additional gear and maybe have a dealer set it up.
To be fair the only problem I’ve had with my first Akurate DS was down to firewall/antivirus settings on Windows,
From time to time Linn releases new software which has to be installed through separate app not the control app , which isn’t great .
Streaming services you can use typical Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, Deezer, lots of radio stations including Paradise.
I guess by additional gear you mean network switch, that’s the only thing apart from cables you need, no need for dealer to set it up .
Linn has built in sorts of room correction software but you need to log to Linn acc and input few things there to make it working , I don’t use it though

Reactions: HollyJohnsen

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
To be fair the only problem I’ve had with my first Akurate DS was down to firewall/antivirus settings on Windows,
From time to time Linn releases new software which has to be installed through separate app not the control app , which isn’t great .
Streaming services you can use typical Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, Deezer, lots of radio stations including Paradise.
I guess by additional gear you mean network switch, that’s the only thing apart from cables you need, no need for dealer to set it up .
Linn has built in sorts of room correction software but you need to log to Linn acc and input few things there to make it working , I don’t use it though
Yes the switch was one thing that was needed, I still don’t comprehend why Linn streamers don’t work without one. At the time 2019, there was talk about switches costing about £180, but seems now much cheaper switches will do. I think some recommended a better router as well, so even more money. We’re all those streaming services available back in 2019 on Linn? Anyway I went down the Bluesound route which has worked well until this last update which affects Qobuz on Apple devices.

mac72

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 12, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes the switch was one thing that was needed, I still don’t comprehend why Linn streamers don’t work without one. At the time 2019, there was talk about switches costing about £180, but seems now much cheaper switches will do. I think some recommended a better router as well, so even more money. We’re all those streaming services available back in 2019 on Linn? Anyway I went down the Bluesound route which has worked well until this last update which affects Qobuz on Apple devices.

There are/were 2 main reasons you would need a network switch for Linn DS to work :
- Linn has a 100M Base-t ethernet socket and if connected to network that only supports 1G Base-T it will not allow connection to the Linn DS. That’s why you need to add a multi speed network switch supporting 100/1000 Base-T data transfer between Linn DS and a router
- second one which has no place in case of newer models was a power outage and if router waked up to slow to establish network after so many seconds with no ethernet Linn DS stopped requesting a network address and required reset but as I said it’s not an issue with later models

To be fair network switches lately it seems to be a must with so many devices connected to the home network/router as it saves running multiple long network cables also prices went down a lot .

mac72

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 12, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Apart from Deezer Linn supported all other streaming services I mentioned back in 2019

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are/were 2 main reasons you would need a network switch for Linn DS to work :
- Linn has a 100M Base-t ethernet socket and if connected to network that only supports 1G Base-T it will not allow connection to the Linn DS. That’s why you need to add a multi speed network switch supporting 100/1000 Base-T data transfer between Linn DS and a router
- second one which has no place in case of newer models was a power outage and if router waked up to slow to establish network after so many seconds with no ethernet Linn DS stopped requesting a network address and required reset but as I said it’s not an issue with later models

To be fair network switches lately it seems to be a must with so many devices connected to the home network/router as it saves running multiple long network cables also prices went down a lot .
I was buying a used one so it would have been an old model.

I have very few connections, only 2 and one of those will be going soon.

I was using Deezer at the time.

mac72

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 12, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was buying a used one so it would have been an old model.

I have very few connections, only 2 and one of those will be going soon.
Ah , ok I started with an early Akurate DS but ended up with Akurate Katalyst DS3 , I heard Klimax DS3 but it was a lot of money at the time and difference between DS1 and DS3 was more substantial than between Akurate DS3 and Klimax.
If we manage to meet up you’re welcome to bring your streamer to compare ,

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have been using a Linn streaming device since 2012, the Akurate DS.
NEVER had any problems with networking/:software,.
I previously had a Slim Devices Transporter which was a clever machine.
I waited until Linn's affordable steaming device was ready to replace the Transporter and then purchased the Akurate DS/1.
Had the Katalyst dac upgrade done in 2018 and last week managed to find a mint condition Klimax DS/3.
When I've saved up enough bawbees I will seriously consider the Organik upgrade! 😉

mac72

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 12, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have been using a Linn streaming device since 2012, the Akurate DS.
NEVER had any problems with networking/:software,.
I previously had a Slim Devices Transporter which was a clever machine.
I waited until Linn's affordable steaming device was ready to replace the Transporter and then purchased the Akurate DS/1.
Had the Katalyst dac upgrade done in 2018 and last week managed to find a mint condition Klimax DS/3.
When I've saved up enough bawbees I will seriously consider the Organik upgrade! 😉
as much as I like Linn streamers if I were to buy Klimax DS/3 plus money spent on future Organik upgrade I'd try to audition different players - DCS Bartok for example comes to mind , I liked that one a lot but haven't heard in my system .

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What is the lowest price for a Linn streamer, because inexpensive means different things to different people. The Linn forum has plenty of software issues posts.

mac72

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 12, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What is the lowest price for a Linn streamer, because inexpensive means different things to different people. The Linn forum has plenty of software issues posts.
Possibly I haven’t had many software issues as I try not to visit Linn forum too much :) , before installing new updates I normally wait couple weeks at least to see if works for others without issues . I have no clue about current Linn pricing I’m afraid , cheapest used would be Sneaky or Majik I guess

Reactions: HollyJohnsen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles