Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Still having issues ever since the firmware update 26 April. Bluesound support just passing the buck.
Stopped my Qobuz subscription as was only 1 month.
Not using any streaming service at the moment.

There's also a problem with Amazon on Nodes, which is unresolved has been going on for about 1 month now.

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Still having issues ever since the firmware update 26 April. Bluesound support just passing the buck.
Stopped my Qobuz subscription as was only 1 month.
Not using any streaming service at the moment.

There's also a problem with Amazon on Nodes, which is unresolved has been going on for about 1 month now.

I’ve just signed up for a free 3 month trial on Deezer - works fine with the Node 2i and sounds very good. All my playlists transferred over from Spotify absolutely fine with the link provided when you sign up.

Reactions: Nativebon

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve just signed up for a free 3 month trial on Deezer - works fine with the Node 2i and sounds very good. All my playlists transferred over from Spotify absolutely fine with the link provided when you sign up.
Tried that Deezer offer but it is only for new members, I have used Deezer in the past. Gave up with Qobuz on my Node. After 1 month of not using anything apart from Radio Paradise, I have gone back to Tidal, so far no issues with dropouts unlike Qobuz. Some others on here also had similar problems with Qobuz on the Node which never got resolved. I never had a problem until the update in April.

I may try Qobuz again as its my preferred streaming service.

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tried that Deezer offer but it is only for new members,

I just used a different email address as I had a trial a year or so back and had no problem signing up.

After a few weeks I’m not really that keen. Search functions seem a bit hit and miss and sometimes actually slow. I’m not sure that sound quality is on par with with Qobuz or Tidal (at standard CD resolution). I much prefer Spotify from a user experience, it’s recommendations and daily playlists are spot on. I will probably go back to Tidal when my 3 months are up. We have a Spotify account used through Sonos which is for casual listening but I prefer to have at least CD quality streaming through my hifi.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Update on my Qobuz saga. After my 1 month contract finished, I went to Tidal for 1 month, no problems over 1 month, apart from it stopped at the end of a song once, with an error message but I pressed play and it carried on. After Tidal finished I thought I would give Qobuz another try and so far for 5 days, not having any problems,
so maybe cancelling and rejoining has cured the problem.
I know a few others on here were having similar issues.

Deezer 3 month trial has finished and their fees have gone up.

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just ditched my Qobuz subscription. Been trying to use it all evening and EVERYTHING I try to play on it is just coming up with "unable to find that file at this moment". I really haven't been impressed with Qobuz at all and this is the last annoyance.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just ditched my Qobuz subscription. Been trying to use it all evening and EVERYTHING I try to play on it is just coming up with "unable to find that file at this moment". I really haven't been impressed with Qobuz at all and this is the last annoyance.
Yes some people have had problems with Qobuz. Mine was fine until BluOs did an update which caused problems, it was fine for 2 years before that. I was lucky, I nearly did the annual subscription. Hopefully my new contract works ok, I prefer Qobuz to Tidal.

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes some people have had problems with Qobuz. Mine was fine until BluOs did an update which caused problems, it was fine for 2 years before that. I was lucky, I nearly did the annual subscription. Hopefully my new contract works ok, I prefer Qobuz to Tidal.
I recently ditched Amazon due to problems playing music in the app while using the browser as it would interfere and stop the music in the app and amazon still doesn't do any high res (which included normal 44.1) in it's web player. I just switched to Qobuz and then to have a night of no music with this error with no other details has just had me cancel. It's very frustrating.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I recently ditched Amazon due to problems playing music in the app while using the browser as it would interfere and stop the music in the app and amazon still doesn't do any high res (which included normal 44.1) in it's web player. I just switched to Qobuz and then to have a night of no music with this error with no other details has just had me cancel. It's very frustrating.
Yes very frustrating, I had one month of problems with Qobuz although Im sure was caused by a BluOs update.
Tidal works pretty well, never got on with Amazon, but Deezer is worth trying but no high res.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Why I am I only getting 30 secs of each track on the remixed Revolver album ?

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
@Bazzer I had a quick listen to that this morning, noticed there were a few 'copies', I'm new to Qobuz and streaming but you could check to make sure you have touched the correct copy.

Reactions: Bazzer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.