Wammer
Wammer
Oct 3, 2009
near Glasgow.
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Phew have just completed the http://www.strava.com/challenges/festive-500-2013 with a day to spare. Had to do 67km tonight in the dark as I was back to work today.I am sure taking part in the challenge has kept the christmas pudding waistline down.
well done! I'll bet it has been good for the figure!!

I signed up and got the flu so wimped out big style.

I bought another bike today to cheer me up, roll on 2014....

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers guys, it is a good challenge. Had to squeeze the first and last rides around work and it got me out of the house on days when I would have just been sat in front of the TV otherwise.

Spacehopper

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2009
Glasgow
AKA
Allan
well done! I'll bet it has been good for the figure!!I signed up and got the flu so wimped out big style.

I bought another bike today to cheer me up, roll on 2014....
You up for a challenge John ? My mate and I are signed up for the Renfrewshire 100 full 101 mile route - looks a good one.

john.stone

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 3, 2009
near Glasgow.
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You up for a challenge John ? My mate and I are signed up for the Renfrewshire 100 full 101 mile route - looks a good one.
Maybe Allan. It's a cracking route, I know it all well. Plenty of climbs!!

I'm 20 years married on the 20th of August so might be partying that day or heading off on holiday.

Are you in a club or out with a regular bunch?

Spacehopper

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2009
Glasgow
AKA
Allan
I usually fly solo John and meet up with my mate (you might know Dave through Alan Meldrum) every two weeks or so for a mid-week run but we're more into enjoying our runs rather than knocking our pans in.

My shifts mean I usually head out during the week rather than weekends but if you fancy hooking up for a run let me know (nothing mental mind :p ). I've still to sort out our first run for 2014 with Dave so will give you a shout.

john.stone

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 3, 2009
near Glasgow.
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Pan knocking in is never my favoured method, I'm more the go there - drink coffee, eat cake - come back type of cyclist at the minute. And for the foreseeable.

I can't do mid-week stuff at the minute but I'm working towards it, when it happens I'll let you know.

awe the best.

Clubsport911

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2013
Cheltenham
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice one and well done. TOP.

Signed up for some epics this year and also, 4 days in and around Mont Ventoux. And a couple of marathons...

...and a few half marathons...

oh and loads of time trials !

However, for them comment, I'm sticking in hours and hours on the turbo. Max effort all the time... Really hard work.

Spacehopper

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2009
Glasgow
AKA
Allan
Come on then Steve spill the beans on what epics you've signed up for. :)

Four days around the Ventoux sounds excellent. I recently saw a night-time Ventoux sportive which looked brilliant - might be one for the future.

So far I've signed up for the Trossachs Ton and the Renfrewshire 100 but there's a couple of others I have my eye on; the Buachaille Mor/Beag sportive in May and the 3 Pistes Sportive in June but will need to wait and see how things pan out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenSea_0