Reckon this could be my last hifi vid update for a while!

paulf-2007

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 18, 2008
souf east for work
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
they must be special Steve, after OB's and avant-garde. I guess in a large room a box speaker stands a chance of working right. A bit like JVS's wilsons at scalford a couple of three years back, much better than in his own room.

Stuffed Chimp

Wammer
Wammer
May 16, 2006
Reading
Thats some incredible pieces of kit you've had there! I for one am incredibly jealous......

What was your experience of the Musical Fidelity X-A200's like? They've always fascinated me but I've not had a chance to try them in all my various MF era setups.

I'm back to the X-A2 for the third time now so I might just get lucky this time around!

I know gsrai always said they were exceptional for the money.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow, great video, love the Eno too. Those Opals must be v special. Could you be persuaded to bring them to Scalford next year

B

BD Audio

Wow, great video, love the Eno too. Those Opals must be v special. Could you be persuaded to bring them to Scalford next year
He had them there this year mate.

M

MJ.

Awesome vid Steve.

If you really are done, it will be the end of an amazing chapter in wam history.

You are a legend fella !

steve rb

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 6, 2009
Leicestershire
AKA
Umm.. Steve..
Thats some incredible pieces of kit you've had there! I for one am incredibly jealous......What was your experience of the Musical Fidelity X-A200's like? They've always fascinated me but I've not had a chance to try them in all my various MF era setups.

I'm back to the X-A2 for the third time now so I might just get lucky this time around!

I know gsrai always said they were exceptional for the money.
I'd also heard they were great, but to be fair they were TOTAL overkill in that system as I was only using them to power the second voice coil on the bass driver :nuts:

It is a super video ,and you really had all that kit within a two year period?Keith.
Probably approaching 3 actually as it’s been updated 5 times!

As Jack said, they did make a guest appearance but I’d defo like to bring them and have them in a smaller room as they are Epic close up too

Pah, lightweight
Just the edited highlights :TheBird:

Almost sad that the box-swapping years have come to a close! I never knew you had Hyperion 938s(should have looked more closely last time) How did they compare,and can the Wilson sound for less money really be applied to them?
One of the shortest visitors, was gutted as had really hoped they would be something special, but they were shite, just couldn’t make them work, really shrill, no bass power to them really and measured all over the shop…

Small child... touching speakers... nooooooo!
To be fair, my two have never done any damage, I’ve lost 3 pairs of tweeters over the years to other peoples kids though… Just part of it. Oh and I had lightening flowing all over the Gallos tweeters when my lad sad on the trivista remote and it merrily wound up to full dumping 1KW through them – replaced the foil and all was good, lucky they are built for HUGE power handling!

Awesome vid Steve.If you really are done, it will be the end of an amazing chapter in wam history.

You are a legend fella !
Cheers Mike – that said, I’ll always be a tart, have moved on to guns now! Dossing around on three other forums and am already on scope number 6 and gun number 5 since March!!!

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its just no fun now you have stopped Steve. Surely it wont be long before you just cant help yourself. :D

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don't tease him Nick,did you not read that he is now into guns? :nerves:
Its just a fad. It wont last. A trip to Munich next year will sort him out. :sofa:

steve rb

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 6, 2009
Leicestershire
AKA
Umm.. Steve..
Don't tease him Nick,did you not read that he is now into guns? :nerves:
Absolutely....

9106154297_90e625c2ac_z.jpg
9106151535_6d01cb7caf_z.jpg

9108379010_f9a2b244a8_z.jpg
9108379220_fae899ebc1_z.jpg

9106196301_d84c54fe4e_z.jpg
9108423310_3f751a7d8d_z.jpg

And the great news is, it's possible there is even MORE to be anal about with these thing!! :party:

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He'll be upgrading soon, don't you worry. Once a box swapper, always a box swapper:)

300px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg

steve rb

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 6, 2009
Leicestershire
AKA
Umm.. Steve..
He'll be upgrading soon, don't you worry. Once a box swapper, always a box swapper:)
Pissed myself at that Bob, very funny!

And that's already been happening - it's only the shape of the boxes that changes right...? Doesn't matter what the obsession is, there will always be one and I guess we hifi nerds are some way down the autistic scale already (and appologies to anyone that feels that generalisation doesnt fit them or has taken any offense from it... :cool: )

• Upvote
Reactions: PhilofCas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online