Recommended bi-wire

stefanher

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2006
Lincs, , United King
AKA
Stefan
Having decided to put jumpers on my speakers instead of biwiring them I have discovered that this is going to be physically very difficult unless I tilt them over & lay them on the floor- not a pleasing prospect for a 60 kg speaker! I therefore will have to biwire- but which? Within my price range (or the price I am prepared to pay) are the Atlas Hyper & cables by Chord, QED, Nordost & Ecosse. A number of these brands regularly get stick on this forum so waht do people think? They must be valve amp friendly- I know Nordost is sometimes accused of not working with valves.

And don't tell me all cables sound the same- I recently subjected myself to a blind demo when looking for an improvement to my Mogami cable & for whatever scientific or non scientific reasons clearly heard a difference.

For the same reason I can't use jumpers it will be difficult to try & connect the two terminals using one stretch of single wire.

G

I haven't much experience with bi-wire cables but do have first hand knowledge of Supra Rondo 4x2.5. It's excellent, well made, available in two colours, not to expensive, very flexible, easy to terminate, can be used as a 'single wire' in starquad configuration, or biwire, and above all sounds good.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Silver High Breed do excellent bi-wire cables.

Even "Hey Big Spender George47" ;-)was impressed and is using some SHB speaker cables - iirc they beat his mega-foo Transparent cables ....

Recommended! (I use 'em, too). :cool:

http://silverhighbreed.com/

Very helpful guy - he'll make whatever lengths and connections you want, and he doesn't charge foo-prices. :^

chrisB

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 8, 2007
AKA
Chris
Anyone has experience with Harmonic Tech pro 11 plus or fantasy?

They are solid core and use furutech bananas (if I'm not mistaken) and priced almost reasonably

ncdrawl

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 6, 2008
Edinburgh
AKA
Teddy Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Analysis Plus Oval 9 or is my first choice for bi-wire.

Second choice is Vampire Wire or DH Labs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online