Question Rega RP6 revival- Your expertise required!

A question.

mudds

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 5, 2016
Leicester
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So I've been without a TT for some time with everything being left in storage whilst we were looking to move house. As I've realised that's not going to happen overnight I've decided to bring it all back but would wanted to upgrade from my RP3 (I have the separate power supply and fono mk2 for it too).

I've just purchased a second hand Green Rega RP6 plinth, sub platter and cover. Originally I was considering stripping the RB303 tonearm and motor off of my RP3 (I already have an acrylic platter) but now I'm wondering if it would be better to source those bits separately and sell the RP3 on without all of the hassle... I always seem to make life difficult for myself!

Any thoughts on the matter? If I was getting my hands on another tonearm what would I buy to be an upgrade for the RB303? Anyone spotted any tonearm/ motor bargains?

Why did I not just buy a complete TT and be done with it (I'd seen a nice Townshend Rock as well!)

I'm a bit lost now so what do you guys think?

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don't know your budget , I would have carried on with the RP3 until I found another T/T , can't see the point of moving up one in the Rega chain .
I messed about with Regas and all the upgrades until I bought a cheap Systemdek to play around with , sold the Rega and all the bits , that was 7 years ago , still have the Systemdek and can't see the point of changing it .

Reactions: lazycat

mudds

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 5, 2016
Leicester
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don't know your budget , I would have carried on with the RP3 until I found another T/T , can't see the point of moving up one in the Rega chain .
I messed about with Regas and all the upgrades until I bought a cheap Systemdek to play around with , sold the Rega and all the bits , that was 7 years ago , still have the Systemdek and can't see the point of changing it .
I would probably go another 500ish to get the RP6 built but I don't think I really thought this through to be honest. I've still got an SRM sub platter and silentbase that I've not tried yet too... maybe its time to sell up and step up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles