RESCHEDULED !!! Lurches' Off the Leash at last, Southcoast Bake-off, (PART1)(PO19)SUNDAY 25th of July !!!

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bloody awesome, as they should after what I've spent on them at OTA. 

Reactions: Lord Nitrogen

toprepairman

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 6, 2010
Surrey
AKA
Henry
Many thanks to john for hosting another great do.

Super to meet friends old and new.

Most impressed by Jessica's turntable /phono stage combo.

H.

Jessica_k

Girl and her Valves
Wammer
Apr 27, 2019
Clanfield Hampsure
AKA
Jessica
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lucky there was not a disaster with the TT as I lifted it to pack away I found the back foot was only hanging on by the weight of the TT. In getting it level during setup I had unscrewed it all the way. That may have accounted for it being a bit vibration sensitive. 

Thanks John for another great BO and so lovey to finally see some everyone who was there. 

Jessica xxxx

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another great BO at Lurch Towers meeting new and old friends, was interesting to hear Jessica's phono stage and Henry's power amp in a Rogers Cadet chassis, both of which did their designers proud.

Hard to believe, but there was too much food, John will put on a couple of stone if he eats that lot.

Reactions: Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 30, 2005
Winchester, Hants
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great to meet up with some old faces, as well as a couple of new (to me) ones (Henry/Toprepairman and Paul/Maverick) after the trials and tribulations of the past sixteen months!

Thank you John, for your hospitality, as well as the signature Maris Piper chips and Fish Fingers!

Great company, great music and great food!

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
thanks to all for the company, back home 30 mins ago after a stop to collect something en route

special thanks for to the host for food and overnight accom

kind regards,  

Paul 

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks John for kicking off the post-apocalypse bake-off season. As already said, it was great to catch up with (not so) old friends and make new ones too. Two completely different systems, both sounding sweet. After hearing how many cartridges you've been through recently, John, I'm looking forward to hearing the next one!

It's always a nice surprise to hear how a system assembled from various people's components can still deliver the goods, musically-speaking. Jessica's TT and amazing phono stage really delivered the goods through the Cadet and Toy Towers - probably not a combination anyone would have chosen for themselves, but it was thoroughly enjoyable, so much so I spent more time listening to that than the main rig (sorry John).

Shame I can't make the next BO (double-booked) - hope everyone enjoys it and I look forward to seeing the photos

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online