Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am retiring from audio. Yes, after many years of Audiophilia my system is up for sale.

You can buy any or all of the following items. There will be spare tubes available for the tube kit.  Collection would be preferable, especially for the tube kit and speakers. Located in Cheshire.

1. PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Preamplifier + remote control. I have upgraded the tubes on this which was sanctioned by Durob Audio (distributors) to Mullard GZ33 rectifiers and Brimar 13D5 for the small signal tubes. The original tubes are available, unused. This pre is as new and was bought brand new by me only a couple of months ago. £1295

2. Megahertz Reference Preamplifier. This has it's own seperate power supply and is one of the best preamps I have heard using 6SN7 drivers for EL34 output tubes. £1250

3. Gate Audio EL34 monoblocks. These are a superb 25W/channel amps running Mullard GZ32 rectifiers and 12AT7/12AU7 pre tubes. £850

4. Monarchy Audio SM70 Pro Class A amplifiers. There are 2 of these which I run as monoblocks and are damn fine amps. These are 80 w/channel. There is plenty of info on the web for these. £950

5. Audio Addicted Speakers. These are a full range single driver speaker around 98dB no crossover involved and will work with very low and fairly high ouput amps. The speaker isolation platforms are also available for a small addition. These will have to be collected as I do not have the boxes  £975 

6. Ming Da MC200 tube CD Player. This is quite a rare beast that uses 2 x  5670 tubes and retailed for £1400   £575

7. A pair of REL T-7 subwoofers  £499

8. Marantz CD7300 CD Player  £95

image.png

image.png

system sale6.jpg

system sale5.jpg

system sale.jpg

system sale1.jpg

system sale2.jpg

system sale3.jpg

system sale4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good grief , never thought you would retire !! Some lovely kit there. never heard of the speakers which I believe weigh 26kg if anyone interested.  Would love to hear them 

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Sorry to see you are retiring from hifi Mr.Me, you've built up a wonderful system there, and the same as HiFiNut, a couple of bits I've never heard of, but your description of each individual piece makes me want to hear it even more.  Funds will sadly not allow me to buy anything but I hope your sale goes well.

loosend

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 9, 2010
Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Some really interesting stuff there John, like myself you have often strayed from mainstream products and it does pay off, there’s some cracking gear out there if you know where to look

Alk the best with everything!

Reactions: TheFlash

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That Primaluna is an excellent price, even with the std valves! 
Same as mine and stick it with a class a/b power or hybrid, it can show how good a valve pre can really be. Love mine. 
GLWS John

Reactions: deggie

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
WoW!

Ive recently had the pleasure of dealing with John ( 4 lovely NOS signal valves came my way for sensible money :^ ) and he is a gent.

GLWS

(There is one item in particular in the list that is highly desirable to me but, unfortunately my 'available funds' are committed elsewhere..)

Jack NSM

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
those speakers look very interesting , not many full range speakers that have no crossover 

https://audioaddicted.co.uk/our_loudspeakers

We've been searching for the Driver with the optimal relation between best sound quality and price.

As the result, we've choose David Dicks's Audio Nirvana 10" Classic Ferrite Drivers (CommonSense Audio). This true Full-range unit apart from promising characteristics gives very high quality sound. In our application it's turn into absolute "must hear".

No Crossovers.

And that is why it is very difficult to find the same coherent sound elsewhere. Period. There is no frequency splitting, and any negative effects of that way of sound processing. And it is the sound processing - it is forced by Drivers ability to play only the part of what we hearing.

And yes - there still one Inductor and one Resistor present in our Speakers. It is for Baffle Step Compensation (BSC) and it is not compromise - it is a way to avoid some behaviour of Full-range Drivers without having to put them in very large Back-loaded Horn Enclosures. BSC gives ability to use those units in more convenient, Ported Cabinets. But don't worry - you won't find any cheap Ferrite Cored Coils or Ceramic Resistors there. For BSC we are only using Jantzen Air Core Inductors and Mills Wirewound Resistors inside. And not even one single Capacitor used there.

Hand made in UK.

Apart from some CNC prefabrication for precision "cut to shape", Bass Reflex and Driver's holes plus their rebates, everything else beginning from initial box assembly is handcrafted.

This gives great guarantee that any part of production is made to highest standard and highly controlled on every stage of manufacturing process.

As the result every pair of the Loudspeaker are nicely finish and meets out customers criteria.

Barbour81

Wammer
Jun 1, 2020
Upminster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I though this hobby sucked you in for life? What are you going to do with your free time now there's nothing to tinker with? GLWS 

Chivas

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 29, 2011
Knebworth, Herts
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is it only me who finds it slightly ironic that someone who is retiring from hifi is selling Audio Addicted speakers?

Very interesting kit you have there John. GLWS and hope to see you back soon if you cannot shake the addiction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All SOLD, though speaker isolation platforms amd laminated amp platforms (can be seen under subs) are still available

Reactions: hifinutt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles