Revolver R33

roll_with_it

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2005
Middlesbrough, Cleve
Wrote this out first this morning, but my PC decided to delete it!!!
cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif
anyway...

They're not run in yet, but thought i'd post my thoughts anyway...

They're on Apollo Olympus stands at the minute, but im waiting for some Kudos stands to turn up.

First thing that struck me was the soundstage, seems much bigger than the Neats. Second thing was the bass:shock:which through these things is awesome, very deep, yet tuneful, tightand controlled. I listened to the usual Dave Matthews live album, and kick drums have a lot more punch, as does everything else really.

They sound similar to the Focals I tried, but maybe not quite as smooth treble, and not as detailed. They both sound much fuller and more powerfulthan the Neats, but im guessing the amp has something to do with it. The Revolver's bass outperforms the Focals.

Both the stand-mounters are much more suited to my Exposure 2010S. Its a fairly small room as well, which is probably why the smaller speakers work better. They dont have to be driven hard to get them sounding nice. Both the Focals and Revolvers are very sensitive and sound great even at lower levels.

Im waiting for the R33s to run in properly before I decide on whether its worth spending the extra on the Focals. At the moment the Focals are the more open sounding and more detailed, but this could possibly change.

In the meantime im loving what the Revolvers can do. The midbass is amazing really considering the price.

The Revolovers have two pairs of speaker connection, which could (probably would) be a future bi-amp upgrade, whereas the Focals only have one pair - but to be fair, the Exposure/Focal system is probably something i'd be happy with for a long time.

Also worth mentioning, the build quality is top notch. They're worth every penny.
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

roll_with_it

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2005
Middlesbrough, Cleve
nice one, is that house you were thinking of bidding on? Was it as cheap as you thought?

I sent the Focals back a while ago, but i'll post a couple of pics of the Revolvers later.

roll_with_it

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2005
Middlesbrough, Cleve
Mr Cat wrote:

nah - it's a different one - we're just renting for now - we just needed to be in wolsingham - it's just so adorable!
biggrin.png
you like it out in the sticks dont ya! Must admit, quite like the idea of being in the country. Used to live right under Guisborough woods, very nice around there. Great for mountain biking too!

roll_with_it

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2005
Middlesbrough, Cleve
yeah it makes a nice change doesnt it.

How are your Focals anyway? Have they improved over time? I got a message from Mark at Focal the other day saying they've been experimenting and found that really driving them hard, running them in for a while makes them open up to another level! Though im not sure whether this only applies to the new range??

Get em cranked up anyway!! It's always fun.
biggrin.png

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Mr Cat wrote:

Brown Bottle wrote:
Mr Cat wrote:
yeah, I'm from newcastle originally
Unlucky mate.

Cheers BB
biggrin.png

hence I don't live there anymore...!! but I wouldn't live in the south either..! :lwink:
I don't blame you mate, unfortunately I'm an economic migrant. Imiss North Yorks more and more as I get older.

Just pulling your leg about Newcastle;)

Cheers BB

roll_with_it

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2005
Middlesbrough, Cleve
ok, after a lot of arsing around setting the new stands up, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever sound-wise, so I will be moving across to the classifieds section now, simply because I prefer the look of my Apollo stands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hczxynbvtr