Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2009
Lives near Huddersfield sadly!!
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Could someone please tell me if there is an adaptor out there so that this lens will fit my Canon EOS 40D, apparently this Ricoh teleconverter TC-200M has a 52mm thread!

Cheers.

Willie

Stock photo of the Ricoh lens

TC-200M-lens-s.jpg

Willie Garvin

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2009
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

mikehit

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 29, 2006
Manchester
AKA
Mike
I googled 'Canon Ricoh adaptor' and those popped up so I was asking if those were what you were after (I get 4 pictures showing adapters) , especially as they had a screw thread. If they are not what you need, then OK.

Do the Ricoh lenses have the M42 screw mount? If so I a sure there are adapters for that.

Willie Garvin

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2009
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I googled 'Canon Ricoh adaptor' and those popped up so I was asking if those were what you were after (I get 4 pictures showing adapters) , especially as they had a screw thread. If they are not what you need, then OK.Do the Ricoh lenses have the M42 screw mount? If so I a sure there are adapters for that.
Mike I'm completely new to photography so seeing those adaptors meant nothing to me as I haven't a clue which one I would need!

I was in Doncaster when I posted the thread from my Nokia phone having just bought the Ricoh converter off a market stallholder (although the stallholder was a photographer by trade) but I literally bought it blind & I just went by instinct because it looked so well made & heavy!!

Anyway since getting home I have found that it screws directly into two of my camera lenses & the results are pretty impressive.

Thanks for replying Mike & apologies if I sounded off at you it wasn't intentional. ;-)

Mick

Stock photo of the Ricoh lens

TC-200M-lens-s.jpg

fordy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 29, 2006
Wirral, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks like that teleconverter just screws onto the filter thread of an existing lens (thread adapters are available to go up and down anyway). Watch out for vignetting (darkness in the corners).

The type Mike is talking about are to adapt the actual body mount from one lens mount system to another which in this case I don't think is necessary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online