Super Wammer
Wammer
Nov 12, 2011
Caerphilly castle
AKA
Young Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Burke Shelley founder of one of the most influential metal bands of all time, who subsequently helped pave the way for a generation of new bands has passed away. A real nice down to earth guy who sadly never got to reap the just rewards the of music industry.

Reading up on him I never realised he was born and raised in llanishen around the same time as my mother and father, a conversation I would have liked to have sought with them about whether they crossed paths or just to hear about places, people and times.

Whenever I hear a Budgie song i never fail to crank up the volume and get goosebumps, in my book they are peerless. Their songs have the ability to transpose you to the heights few other bands can such as Thin Lizzy and the Byrds, a magical, mystical other worldly place that puts them out there on their own stratosphere.

RIP Burke Shelley

Last edited by a moderator:

supapeet

Wammer
New Wammer
Jan 4, 2016
Cheshire
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Saw Budgie many times at Liverpool Stadium and played their album Bandolier this morning. Burke was a fine musician and taken too early after many years of ill health. Thoughts with his family and friends

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2010*zuma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles