MUZIC FIRST
Wammer Plus
Aug 9, 2018
London UK
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There is a clipping meter at the bottom of the screen if you turn the volume up to max on the RME it then starts clipping on max volume unless i am hitting the wrong volume menu  
Set the output of the main volume to zero db. Then set the main volume to lock. That's it. I personally set my main volume to _4.0 dB. This seems to be the best output level to my Arcam.

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Set the output of the main volume to zero db. Then set the main volume to lock. That's it. I personally set my main volume to _4.0 dB. This seems to be the best output level to my Arcam.
For some reason not sure why but tried 100% max volume and 0 db when the music gets going on a peak i get some distortion when the music hits maxim peak so i am thinking i would have to adjust the line level volume below 0 db so it never reaches the max peak  .

will have to read the manual tonight 

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For some reason not sure why but tried 100% max volume and 0 db when the music gets going on a peak i get some distortion when the music hits maxim peak so i am thinking i would have to adjust the line level volume below 0 db so it never reaches the max peak  .

Check if the output has gain stages 

Last edited by a moderator:

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Check if the output has gain stages 
I thought the output line gain sets automatically to the gear your using  

I think as I understand it the RME is a Pre amp as well as a Dac come headphone amplifier but is my Yamaha A-S3000 still in control of the Pre amp stage or is the RME ?

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I've sent you an inbox with some instructions highlighted in your manual.

Reactions: Blacksabbath25

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Let me know if you don't come right and I'll find out more info for you.
Currently how I have it rigged the RME is XLR to my Yamaha A-S3000 then Co- axis to my OPPO but so far pretty pleased with the RME just understanding it better .

but like using it without the EQ or any bass or treble settings just want a clean natural sound which I am getting just didn’t understand about the volume settings 

Last edited by a moderator:

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is in the manual “With Hi-Fi the setting +7 dBu (equals +4.78 dBV or 1.73 V RMS) is recommended. This setting causes an ADI-2 DAC to output level similar to that of many CD-players. In case it is still too low simply change to +13 dBu (+10.8 dBV, 3.46 V RMS).”

Reactions: Nativebon

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Currently how I have it rigged the RME is XLR to my Yamaha A-S3000 then Co- axis to my OPPO but so far pretty pleased with the RME just understanding it better .

but like using it without the EQ or any bass or treble settings just want a clean natural sound which I am getting just didn’t understand about the volume settings 
Good stuff

Incase your still experiencing clipping then check your inbox as to the settings and also what Stingray sent you 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles