Rugby 6 Nations

Sheva

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 4, 2006
Chiavenna
AKA
Sheva
I’m certainly no rugby expert, but it seems a lot more open than usual this year. In the past few years it’s always been England and then France that has started as long odds-on favourites. This year though, the bookies have Ireland as very slight favourites over the French, followed not too far away by England, then the Welsh and Scots (Italy zillion to one). Be interesting to see what effect the return of Wilkinson will have, but I can’t see how he will be anything near match-fit for games of this nature; I can’ t believe that the last time he played at this level, it was with “that†kick. Whilst Wales and Scotland are slight outsiders, they’re the sort of teams that could conceivably win a home game against any of the other teams, so putting them in with a squeak. I’ll be surprised if anyone can win all their games this time around.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yup...going to be very close. Scotland only play open rugby now and whilst entertaining, that's never going to work all the time...at least England and Wales and Ireland CAN close it up and use the forwards when they need to.

The return of the Big JW? (and not forgetting J R and 'that bloke from the north')...HUGE difference IMO...if they all fire on even 3 from 6 cylinders they'll be better than who else is on offer. England 25, Scotland 7:)

White Pheasant

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
Norfolk fields
AKA
Michael
Sorry, that was just my dry, dead pan, sarcastic humour.

Without him playing, Scotlandmighteven havewon thematch, as opposed to a comfortable Englishvictory - so yes, he obviously made amassive difference!

Sheva

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 4, 2006
Chiavenna
AKA
Sheva
White Pheasant wrote:

Sorry, that was just my dry, dead pan, sarcastic humour. Without him playing, Scotlandmighteven havewon thematch, as opposed to a comfortable Englishvictory - so yes, he obviously made amassive difference!
Haven't you been culled yet?

Picard

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
compared to where we were 48 hours ago, it was massive display. iron out the errors, improve the defence, inject some speed and sharpness and who knows, we may even beat the all blacks next year.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
White Pheasant wrote:

Sorry, that was just my dry, dead pan, sarcastic humour. Without him playing, Scotlandmighteven havewon thematch, as opposed to a comfortable Englishvictory - so yes, he obviously made amassive difference!
Not sure about that! We were better in every department. True JW made a great come back and was a big influence on the game, but I got the feeling that everyone was on form yesterday.

Thought Farrell played an ok game, I think we need to keep playing him, so he can develop in proper Rugby.

Glens of Antrim

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Norn Iron, , United
HiFiWigWam wrote:

Not sure about that! We were better in every department. True JW made a great come back and was a big influence on the game, but I got the feeling that everyone was on form yesterday.Thought Farrell played an ok game, I think we need to keep playing him, so he can develop in proper Rugby.
Omg Wiggers the Rugby League half of England will be hunting you down like a rat even as we speak (even though you're right
tongue.png
). Here's hoping that Ireland can play as well as England & :shaggers:those Welsh
14-00000002.gif.828495f168ee75f09f640fa4f13bd3a2.gif

White Pheasant

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
Norfolk fields
AKA
Michael
HiFiWigWam wrote:

True JW made a great come back and was a big influence on the game, but I got the feeling that everyone was on form yesterday.
But how much of that 'form' wasattributable to the presence of the hugely talented JWin the team? After ashaky start where, for me, Scotland were at leastmatching England all over the park, you could see the English boys'confidence start togrow as Wilkinson kept putting(often difficult)scoring kicks over to keep the home nation in front. We don't have any other playerthat can do that(which has been proven since JW has been out injured).

I maintain my argument that without himthe match would have been a very tight affair, withthe possibility that Scotlandmighteven haveedged it. The boy was pure and simple a match winner.

T.white

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 31, 2005
South Wales, , Unite
Picard wrote:

compared to where we were 48 hours ago, it was massive display. iron out the errors, improve the defence, inject some speed and sharpness and who knows, we may even beat the all blacks next year.
glum.gif.19305e5ca189352e84c85f8ec971e437.gif
tease.gif.a6e550ff9c07be38d7cbd4260be35dc9.gif
....:lmao::lmao::lmao:....:raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:....

Picard

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
T.white wrote:

Picard wrote:
a fiver?

Sheva

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 4, 2006
Chiavenna
AKA
Sheva
Picard wrote:

T.white wrote:
Picard wrote:
a fiver?
The All Blacks are the best team on the planet for 3yrs and 11 months within any 4year period. However, the month thatthey aren't normally coincides with the World Cup... so who knows...

T.white

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 31, 2005
South Wales, , Unite
Picard wrote:

T.white wrote:
Picard wrote:
a fiver?
Tell you what, make it fifty. You and I send the cash to a third party in the tent and we'll take a straight bet on England V New Zealand for the World Cup.

It'll be the easiest fifty quid I've ever made. Honestly, England have one good match against a side that had virtually no ideas on how to get a victory, utilising a player that gains practically 'all' their points through kicking and 'suddenly' they might beat the Blacks.

I really think not, but, I'll take the bet if you are up for it.

T.white

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 31, 2005
South Wales, , Unite
Picard wrote:

Not much to get in order then?

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good - even Ireland predictably were outdiddled by brave but silly depleted Welsh but knew how to score tries ...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles