Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After the disaster that is the England rugby coaching planks of Borthwich (just thick and no idea), Sinfield (no idea, no experience, no leadership) and Wigglesworth (apparently an attack coach who says kick). We (England) stand no chance.

So damn frustrating.

Well done Fiji, you deserved to win.

Von Krolock

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 30, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The ignomy of being sent to tackling school - because they haven't quite grasped the dangers of the game. Like being sent to detention.
Good luck to them but lets see less hype around England..

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
South Africa looked incredibly powerful last night, they just might pulverise everyone into submission (like last time).

I think it's fair to say that England have no chance, in fact progression from the group stages is looking decidedly dodgy.

France must have a chance what with home advantage, but my money is on Ireland.

Tintinabulum

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 8, 2014
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How long since England had no chance? We were robbed in '91 btw - Lynagh tackling Underwood off the ball...

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
England did extremely well to beat Argentina, with only 14 for nearly the whole game. Totally disagree with the red card.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great result for Eng last night I can't comment on it really as I only had text to follow on BBC were Arg poor or did we finally step up to the plate & show the talents we have right thru the team.

It sounds like we did to Arg what the French did to us some years ago with the drop goals changing the momentum of the game. Anyway well done George Ford a brilliant tactic as it turned out.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great result for Eng last night I can't comment on it really as I only had text to follow on BBC were Arg poor or did we finally step up to the plate & show the talents we have right thru the team.

It sounds like we did to Arg what the French did to us some years ago with the drop goals changing the momentum of the game. Anyway well done George Ford a brilliant tactic as it turned out.
Argentina were really poor, so many handling errors and penalties conceded, thought they should have warned at least by the ref. if not had a yellow card. England did step up and play well. Ford was brilliant. One drop goal was from the halfway line. Argentina did not threaten much until the last few minutes. Considering their record this year it was a very surprising performance by Argentina and England.

I thought NZ were really poor.

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Argentina were really poor, so many handling errors and penalties conceded, thought they should have warned at least by the ref. if not had a yellow card. England did step up and play well. Ford was brilliant. One drop goal was from the halfway line. Argentina did not threaten much until the last few minutes. Considering their record this year it was a very surprising performance by Argentina and England.

I thought NZ were really poor.
So some positives to be taken from the win hopefully the team now know how to win again. Need to build on that before we meet Samoa they will really test us.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wales v Fuji, thought was a good game. Wales were lucky, Fuji got over the try line 3 times but all were ruled out. Wales I thought were lucky to only get 1 yellow card, with numerous penalties conceded, near their try line. Don't know why Fuji got a straight yellow, they did not show that.

Last edited:

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ireland played well to come back from a great start by New Zealand. It was a close game in the end. With Wales out now too we'll have to see how England do this afternoon.

bilspe

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 2, 2015
Cornwall
AKA
Bill
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Enjoyable game last night IRE & NZ. Sad for Ireland though
Looking forward to todays matches. The odds dont look great for England from now on. They might beat Fiji but to go any further will take something pretty special

Reactions: Jules_S and TIU

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Last night's SA v France match was absolutely spectacular. Worthy of a final - in some ways it's a shame that it wasn't because I have a feeling the semis are going to be a bit of a damp squib by comparison. Kudos to all the players who managed to keep that incredible level of intensity going for the entire game

Reactions: alan967tiger

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ref obviously decided that NZ are going to win the semifinal, NZ second try at the start of the move NZ 12 was offside to gain posession, Argentina pointed it out and ref turned away.

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
England tried to bore the ZA to death. Stupid selection error by ZA not to start Faff and Pollard. Faff is a winner, he keeps the other side guessing and is super quick. England never looked like scoring a try tbh, and were quite happy to take penalties.

mj446

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2012
Fife
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A game of rugby damn near broke towards the end, a tired SA chasing Englands kicks, subs changed the game for the better. Hoping for a better final after both teams rest up, don’t care who wins just want an entertaining game but expect the ABs to be ahead at the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online