Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Let me think now.... Someone carefully designed the speakers but failed to realise that a piece of dog shit attached to the outside of the tweeter might make them sound better.

Hmmmm. Difficult that, but on balance, I'd suggest that if you need to ask whether they're any good, you've already answered the question.

Rapid 17

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 6, 2010
Eastbourne
AKA
Geoffrey
Let me think now.... Someone carefully designed the speakers but failed to realise that a piece of dog shit attached to the outside of the tweeter might make them sound better.Hmmmm. Difficult that, but on balance, I'd suggest that if you need to ask whether they're any good, you've already answered the question.
lol.gif

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
as I already had them when I purchased the speakers' date=' I put them straight on from my previous speakers.[/quote']So do they sound better with or without.

There are good reasons why the might effect the sound. But better or worse... only you can tell.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I tried some a few years ago - sounded to me that they gave a 10dB/octave rolloff above about 2KHz.

Not good. :nup: -- unless you have a fiercely bright system.

kernow

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 25, 2009
Devon
AKA
Shaun
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Are they well constructed though? :?

If so, keep them in place.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I stuck one on my arse. My farts now have real 3D depth, timbre and resonance. Even the (st)inky-brown silences are more palpable...

• Upvote
Reactions: johnniebaby

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
I stuck one on my arse. My farts now have real 3D depth, timbre and resonance. Even the (st)inky-brown silences are more palpable...
So, kind of a "ring-ring" then :dunno:

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Next time you have a decent shit, pick a good solid log out of the pan and then carefully spread it around the edge of the tweeters on your speakers.

It will have a similar effect, in that it will radically alter the sound emanating from your HF drivers.

Seriously, manufacturers spend really quite a lot of time tuning their drivers. If you don't like the sound, buy some different speakers. Sticking things on the front is laughable. Go build a Blue Peter tracey island instead. It will be a better use of your time and you can sit there going 'hey brains, this sounds real good'.

• Upvote
Reactions: bandit pilot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online