Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
well, thanks for the tolerance of my ideas over the last few months, but finally think I've settled on this idea.

Triumph Scrambler....2 yrs old, 4500 miles FSH etc in shiny black.

Comes with fly screen and heated grips.

Add arrow exhaust. Fit single seat and rack. Ditch rear shocks and fit Ohlins 36's with yellow springs. Ditch crap fake knobbly tyres and fit Pirelli Scorpions.

Should work out a good bit cheaper than a new un with standard tyres I think, but off to see it tomorrow to talk about money.

Rejected Triumph Tiger 800, Suzi V strom, various BM's, Yam's 660 Tenere, Honda CB1100 along the way.

Pics when I own it!

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
now MINE

well, will be by end of next week ish. :)

I expect to live about 2 or 3 weeks after that if my normal lunacy levels are restored and added to present ability levels, so anyone in line for a Palmer or Luxman etc needs to PM me. The Scrambler might be worth a few quid scrapped too? :rofl:

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
well, overwhelmed with the interest and etc I plod on:)

So

Final spec is

Scrambler in gloss black with (some of this was fitted by the previous owner)

Single seat and rack/ Pirelli Scorpion tyres/ Ohlins rear shocks/ Bash plate/ Bar pad/ fly screen/ center stand/ Arrow 2 to 1 racing pipe and mapped to suit/ heated grips/ scotoiler.

That lot is costing me about what a new Scrambler with the Ohlins would cost, all fitted.

Today, treated myself to new Alpinstar gortex boots (whoohoo) and that's me.

Roll on next friday. Ought to look something like this... Pioneer stack front right.JPG

but black.

biker boy

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 1, 2008
Nottingham
AKA
Doug
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
well, overwhelmed with the interest and etc I plod on:)So

Final spec is

Scrambler in gloss black with (some of this was fitted by the previous owner)

Single seat and rack/ Pirelli Scorpion tyres/ Ohlins rear shocks/ Bash plate/ Bar pad/ fly screen/ center stand/ Arrow 2 to 1 racing pipe and mapped to suit/ heated grips/ scotoiler.

That lot is costing me about what a new Scrambler with the Ohlins would cost, all fitted.

Today, treated myself to new Alpinstar gortex boots (whoohoo) and that's me.

Roll on next friday. Ought to look something like this... Pioneer stack front right.JPG

but black.
That looks like a real classic, I bet your like a kid at xmas.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That looks like a real classic, I bet your like a kid at xmas.
I am, and I don't get it for a week

Never was one to creep downstairs before christmas morning ofc:whistle:

Howlindawg

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2009
Leixlip, Ireland
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That sounds a really nice spec John, looking forward to seeing some real photos.

You might also want to have a chat with the nice guys in RaceTech about some springs and emulators for the forks.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That sounds a really nice spec John, looking forward to seeing some real photos.You might also want to have a chat with the nice guys in RaceTech about some springs and emulators for the forks.
Race tech in Suffolk?

Know them, that's where the Ohlins rears are coming from. I was going to give the fronts a chance and see...maybe new internals next year unless they it's horrific. My test ride suggested most of the problems were behind me!

Howlindawg

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2009
Leixlip, Ireland
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep, that's them.

My guess is that the Ohlins will totally show up the standard damper rod front end.

But the RaceTech mods (springs and gold valve emulators) can bring them up to scratch for not a lot of outlay.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep, that's them.My guess is that the Ohlins will totally show up the standard damper rod front end.

But the RaceTech mods (springs and gold valve emulators) can bring them up to scratch for not a lot of outlay.
ps...what a very musical and sensible system you have! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

thanks barry. All I need now are some merely damp days. :)

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well..here in sunshine about to take the Mrs for a spin into the hills.

Single seat is in garage where I'm bolting a top box to the rack.

Scotoiler installation cocked up by dealers, so mucking about with that, but

these bits (Scorpions and Ohlins) are AWESOME and transform the bike totally. Light, nimble, planted, good ride....I'm bloody amazed.

scrambler 3 by johndutf, on Flickr

scrambler 1 by johndutf, on Flickr

scrambler 2 by johndutf, on Flickr

oh forgot...arrow pipe coming mid july.

biker boy

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 1, 2008
Nottingham
AKA
Doug
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think it looks a real classic with the twin seat, it looks brilliant in its all black livery with the chrome exhaust hope you are enjoying it.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
love

just once so far, on the ride home. Got onto some very fast smooth and twisty tarmac and decided to 'test' the new tyres a tad. About 5 miles of non stop bends, all odd cambers and radiused as only can happen when you follow a mountain down a hill.

Brilliant.

Otherwise I'm still twitching it about to make it go as I want on the slower bits. :)

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
it is hideous ain't it....apparently it's 'classic' although not classic in the 'classic good taste or good looks sense' It's coming off for the Arrow 2 to 1 system which adds about 7/8bhp to boot (engine gets a re map) and looks better and weighs less.

Also the original's are cunningly designed to scorch your inner thigh when waiting a the lights.

I only like a good scorching when applied by betty at the thai massage and pie shop. (pm me for the address) ;-)

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
:^ The Arrows systems weigh a LOT less. And because they're stainless steel they shed the heat very quickly and won't burn you. Take out the removable baffle for instant big-twin thunder. :D

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
sounds like a plan....now who started that thread about annoying bikeists? I'm often awake at 5am! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles