Sigur Ros, Nottingham 2013

G

Still playing back last nite's gig in my head

:rockin:

I Break Horses were excellent in an "early Cocteau Twins/slowed down Crystal Castles" sort of way.

With some serious floor throbbing bass.

Judging by the reaction & the interval chat with other punters, they were a good choice of support.

Would like to see them without a gauze curtain in the way next time please.

What was that about?

http://www.last.fm/music/I+Break+Horses

Seeing a band you kind of quite like, can suddenly makes perfect sense when you see them play live.

So it was with Sigur Ros.

Lighting, visuals, sound, all on an epic Icelandic landscape, widescreen scale.

Which put the music into context & made complete sense.

Mr Browellm, of this parish, had been anticipating Popplagið for weeks.

It did not disappoint.

Epic in every sense, changes in light & shade, tempo, with massive dynamics.

Which caught out some of the audience (never clap until you're completely sure a song has ended)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sigur-ros/2013/capital-fm-arena-nottingham-nottingham-england-5bc4eb78.html

Special mention for Mark who managed to secure us "Special Needs" seats @ the Capital FM.

And the Arena staff who had to be asked to Shut The Fuck Up, during some songs.

[video=youtube;kQsPv4FMyLg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsPv4FMyLg

Good call Mark.

cobbler

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 19, 2009
Northants
AKA
Pete
Haha - I normally get these seats. I saw Sigur Ros last year and they are fantastic live.

I don't know if it is just a reflection of society but idiots at gigs seems to be getting worse .. people seem to want to pay a fortune for a ticket, post on facebook about being there, talk through the whole night ruining it for genuine fans and then move on to the next hot ticket. I've also noticed there is a direct correlation to the cost of the ticket ... cheap gigs in small venues are generally better. Could we develop an e-ticket system where you charge a fortune, they get a pic to stick on facebook and they don't attend the gig, everyone's a winner :)

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
I wouldn't have been so surprised, but it was the bloody staff! :td:

We had an elevated view of the standing area and the number of people taking pictures and videoing on smartphones is just sad. Watch the gig you stupid fucks!

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The issue of documenting life's experiences on Social Media was recently the subject of some research. The phenomenon is widespread across all walks of life - this forum fulfils that role for some. As the Prof said on the radio, people should stop documenting and enjoy the experience instead, it's more fun.

G

My very favourite Sigur Ros track, absolutely fucking awesome :notworthy: Pleased you enjoyed it, saw them at Jodrell Bank in August, it was of course - epic.
My Icelandic is coming on leaps & bounds....apparently Sigur Ros means Feckin Epic.

Its true.

madscientist

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 21, 2006
west sussex
AKA
paul
Saw them last night in Brighton fan..bloody..tastic much better than when i first saw them supporting radiohead in South Park 2001

robs

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2006
, ,
Bluddy Hell....

It's late here and I've had a couple of glasses, but that (barney's dad) is mindblowing. I've been listening to them for years, but never seen them live.... if that's what they're like live then I'd better get my ass in gear for the next visit..great vid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles