Slightly ill Yamaha CR620 - free to a good home

Gyp

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2013
Gloucestershire
As mentioned in my speed post thread a few minutes ago...

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/a-little-bit-of-speed-posting.113510/

the time has come to part with my late father's hifi.

In typical fashion, his CR620 has been working fine for years and when I switch it on to give it one last check it works beautifully then lets out a puff of smoke.

Here it is playing just before the magic smoke came out. Looks like a capacitor has gone pop.

wH8E6oy.jpg

PC84ynY.jpg

Ard5gYv.jpg

And here's my father enjoying it back in 2013

Anyway, I'd rather it was fixed and put to good use than went to the tip, so if anyone can make use of it and collect from Cheltenham (or meet half way if not too far) then you are welcome to it :)

Ian

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks nice I'm sure someone will want to fix it & if I were close to you I'd have it myself & get it sorted. Might be an idea to see if someone could fix it for you.🤔

Reactions: AnilS and Gyp

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As mentioned in my speed post thread a few minutes ago...

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/a-little-bit-of-speed-posting.113510/

the time has come to part with my late father's hifi.

In typical fashion, his CR620 has been working fine for years and when I switch it on to give it one last check it works beautifully then lets out a puff of smoke.

Here it is playing just before the magic smoke came out. Looks like a capacitor has gone pop.

wH8E6oy.jpg

PC84ynY.jpg

Ard5gYv.jpg

And here's my father enjoying it back in 2013

Anyway, I'd rather it was fixed and put to good use than went to the tip, so if anyone can make use of it and collect from Cheltenham (or meet half way if not too far) then you are welcome to it :)

Ian

Looks like your Dad loved his tunes bless him👍

Gyp

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2013
Gloucestershire
Looks nice I'm sure someone will want to fix it & if I were close to you I'd have it myself & get it sorted. Might be an idea to see if someone could fix it for you.🤔

That would be great, but my own system has a Rotel Michi pre/power doing the hard work so the Yamaha would be a bit superfluous.

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That would be great, but my own system has a Rotel Michi pre/power doing the hard work so the Yamaha would be a bit superfluous.
Ok👍

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yes please Ian ,if it can be sent safely , I can arrange carriage / courier ? I'm in Boston Lincs

Last edited:
Reactions: Bazzer

Gyp

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2013
Gloucestershire
yes please Ian ,if it can be sent safely , I can arrange carriage / courier ? I'm in Boston Lincs

direct message me your address and I'll see what I can do.

May take a few days to get myself in gear and collect the necessary cardboard but I'll get it posted out to you when I can.

To keep things simple I'll cover the postage and you make a donation to a charity of your choice. That work?

Reactions: bigrod and bencat

Gyp

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2013
Gloucestershire
For those that noticed this thread, it's been a bit of a challenge.

First I was a bit busy with work and decided to leave the packing up and shipping until the weekend.

Then I tweaked my back to the extent that I couldn't even tie my own laces so lifting and packing the amp was definitely out, and there was no way that I'd make it into the loft to get the bubble wrap down.

After a session with the chiropractor and a few days r & r I was able to venture into the loft, where I discovered that the bubble wrap I thought was there wasn't.

I ordered up a big roll of bubble wrap which got delayed a couple of times but finally arrived today.

As I finished the packing, the amp decided to fall off of the table onto the kitchen floor...

From the moment when the capacitor went pop and filled the room with smoke it's been a catalogue of disasters.

I'll watch the shipping notifications with interest to see if it ever makes it to Audio Al. Assuming the delivery lorry doesn't get stuck in a flood or a snowdrift or get carried abducted by aliens...

Anyway, it's taken 3 weeks but it is now on its journey. I just hope it arrives in one piece and is fixable!

I'm expecting my CD player back from repair/service next week. Hopefully that has an uneventful journey.

Reactions: Audio Al

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Yamaha CR620 is now with me , Sadly it has sustained some damage , Fortunatly both areas of damage are on the rear corners, One on the top rear one on the botom rear so won't be visible , I have set up a small repair table upstairs , Will take the case off soon and have a look inside .

Reactions: g8ina

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles