SME mounting

P

purplepleaser

Hi

I have now got all the parts to fit my SME arm to the original MDF plinth that came with my Technics SP-10.

I have just recieved a mounting spacer from a nice chap off eBay, i will have to enlarge the four smaller holes so i can bolt the SME arm through the plinth. The four larger holes are for mounting the spacer to the plinth.=

Picture20001.jpg

Next picture is the hole for the arm togo through with the spacer in place=

Picture006.jpg

The next picture is with the arm in a rough postion, i will have to alter this at a later date so the arm swings over the complete record surface.

Picture011.jpg

I will add further updates as and when i take pictures.

I hope this may be of interest to some posters. The reason i am documenting this is so i can learn and share my problems with you clever lot.

Already i have to thank Murray and Papa for helping me start to understand how the damn thing works.

So tomorrow i will go and buy some metal drills to enlarge thefour small holes.

Till then

Lee:)

G

looks good lee.

all you need now is a proper record deck to go with that arm.

allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif
:minikiev:

G

Papa Lazarou wrote:

Thought you liked Technics Rudy? The SP10 is a gem.
er joking papa.

if it's as good as a 1200 it will sound amazing.

P

purplepleaser

Hi Phil

This thread will not be very entertainingbecause i am auseless at explaining thingsand most people know how to set up a tonearm correctly.

I will have to do all this again when i get my Ash;-) plinth.

Lee:geek:

M

murray johnson

If you run a 2.5 then a 4mm drill through those holes you should be able to bolt the arm and plate to the plinth with the long bolts provided. There shouldn't really be any need to bolt the plate down first.

Do check that the metal jig supplied by SME has hole positions that match those in the plinth (when it is used with the bush and thin plastic alignment arm.

P

purplepleaser

Hi Murray

I will show some pictures of the SME mounting jig along with the other SME gauges for the people that will be following this thread with great interest:lmao:

Lee:nerves:

M

murray johnson

This is the position my arm has to be in at rest given that the sled is aligned front to back.

SSGBspksandpsu034.jpg

Here's also a picture of the power supply with additional earth wire added (only relevant if you have a 2 core mains lead)

SSGBspksandpsu037.jpg

P

purplepleaser

Thanks Murray,

Something of a guide for me to use.

Lee:notworthy:

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Good on yer Lee.

Get the F****r up and running.

It will be a test bed for the real plinth when it arrives so that one will only take you five minutes then you can bring it round for a head to head with the Avid
42.gif.6d63386a5269ceda16cdf2e3fe89de81.gif

Yoda

P

purplepleaser

Hi Yoda

Not sure if it will be in the same league as the Avid. Not with a Denon 103 attatched.

sad.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles