Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
[SIZE=11pt]Arcam D33 Ultra High Precision DAC[/SIZE]

IMG_7291.jpeg View attachment 94649 View attachment 94650 View attachment 94651 1666618241091.png DA26022A-9D33-4286-9E75-23F2A8D386A9.jpeg

[SIZE=11pt]At one time I had two of these, one in each system. The other was sold a year ago. Having installed the optional DAC board into my Audia Flight integrated in Kendal, I’m reluctantly letting this go. Reluctantly? Well I love the fact it is punchier in the bass than both the CD23T and the Audia Flight, but I'm struggling to justify (I’ve tried!) keeping two DACs here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Being from the FMJ range, the build quality is fabulous. Excellent condition, see photos. Comes with original packaging, user manual, remote, mains cable.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Arcam D33 was $3200/£2200 new, a shocking price for "just a DAC" at the time, though I did not buy mine new. Seeking £600. Modest discounts possible for modest wammers. If I can’t get within a sniff of this, I’ll tuck it away as a keeper because despite various forays into DACLand I keep coming back to this as my dependable, neutral, high performance, well-connected, great value DAC.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I would prefer collection near [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Melton Mowbray[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] or handover at Wam Show; otherwise plus £20 delivery (UK only)[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt].[/SIZE]

PM me!

[SIZE=11pt]------------[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.arcam.co.uk/product,accessories,accessories,d33.htm. Link from there to the HiFi+ review describing it as "absurdly highly recommended". [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.stereophile.com/content/arcam-fmj-d33-da-processor [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://6moons.com/audioreviews/arcam2/1.html [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Understated, full width FMJ design. The filters work well and allow tuning to your taste and system. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Inputs: two optical, two RCA digital, an AES/EBU, 2 USB-B and one USB-A for iPod/iThing. Two switchable digital filters (can also be turned off).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Supports resolutions up to 24-bit / 192KHz on most inputs except optical, which is up to 96KHz. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Outputs:eek:ne balanced (XLR) pair, two unbalanced RCA pairs. [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HouseElf and Bazzer

krellmad

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 21, 2012
County Durham
AKA
Vince
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was exactly the same, I had 2 of these stunning DACs, one in each system. They do everything right and absolutely nothing wrong. So analogue sounding, bags of detail, sweet treble, kids that leap into your lap and true tight deep bass. Surely one of the best bits of kit Arcam has ever knocked out. Give it a good power cable and some decent isolation and it will continue to please you. As said, the build quality is fantastic, it even has 2 toroidal transformers to keep the analogue and digital signal as pure as possible.

Glws

• Upvote
Reactions: TheFlash

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh stop taunting me!!  :/  Amazing bit of kit, outperfored the DAC in my Gato and also in my CA 740C, which I'm currently using as a DAC only (the drive has failed). The D33 is what I'd call a "fit and forget" component - once it's in place in your system you just don't worry about DACs any more. 

GLWS - someone will be very happy with this

• Upvote
Reactions: TheFlash

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fortuitously, or through the masterful scheming of a genius, Andrew @bencat's PM arrived the day before I left Kendal with DAC on board. As I had to pop into St Helens and Andrew lives in LIverpool and I am a generous wammer, I messaged.

The aforementioned wonderful DAC will now be in residence at Bencat Towers until the Wam Show 2-3 October, allowing Andrew to give it a good old September workout and decide whether it is a keeper.

However, unless and until Andrew says "yep, keeping this", it remains for sale. Obviously, a buyer would not be able to collect it or have it shipped before the Wam Show. But don't let that put you off "sealing the deal" now rather than kicking this into the long grass for a few weeks.

No pressure, Andrew, honest!

:flowers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.