SOLD Musical Fidelity A3 CR Dual Mono Pre and Power Amplifier - immaculate, rare silver trim

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Stunning amplifiers in stunning condition with the rarer silver trim strips (personally I find the gold trim too bling). Main photo here, more below.
IMG_5735.jpg
£875 £795 for the pair, I will only split if I get offers of well over half this for one unit. 🤔

Absolutely mint apart from a tiny nick to the top trim of the power amp - see close-up photo.

(Snowdrops not included. PM me if interested. We can work something out).
All indicator lights working; no humming, buzzing or whatever. Both pre and power are full dual mono; they're both (I've never felt a pre-amplifier weigh this much!) reassuringly heavy due to large transformers and really feel like they mean business. Crikey, even the gorgeous speaker terminals shout "quality". Pre has a great MM/MC phono stage.

Fabulous separation and soundstage. Crisp treble, powerful bass.

Printed user manual x2 (downloaded). Power cables (generic) provided. No remote control, no original boxes.
Kegworth is the obvious logistics solution here. Otherwise collection only because they're heavy and I'm extremely reluctant to risk damage during shipping. Message me if this is a showstopper as you'll need to be prepared to take the delivery risk and cost yourself. Sorry, but been there done that; it's not personal!

IMG_5736.jpg IMG_5737.jpg IMG_5738.jpg IMG_5739.jpg IMG_5740.jpg IMG_5742.jpg IMG_5743.jpg IMG_5744.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

krellmad

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 21, 2012
County Durham
AKA
Vince
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lovely pre/power set up that does indeed look better than the blingy gold trim. Very good, musical Amps. Glws

Reactions: TheFlash

sometimesuk

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 6, 2009
Swansea
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I used to have the intergrated amp, which was built like a tank and sounded great.

Shamless plug....but I've just posted on here my MF A3 CD player for sale if anyone wanted the matching set!

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I used to have the intergrated amp, which was built like a tank and sounded great.

Shamless plug....but I've just posted on here my MF A3 CD player for sale if anyone wanted the matching set!
Not matching! Don't reply here as it will distract from our ads but yours has the gold trim. GLWS

Bingo! I thought yours was the gold trim but you've taken another pic and it was clearly just a reflection from table/wall. So... if anyone is looking for a CD player to match my lovely pre/power then you know what to do.

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've been asked on the 'bay whether I'd sell just the power amp. I've suggested he gets creative and either makes me an offer I can't refuse or buys the pairing and sells on the pre.

If anyone here is looking for just the pre, let me know. As long as I move both on, I don't mind if they head off in different directions. Though it would be a shame.

Simonthepieman

Wammer
New Wammer
Feb 21, 2016
hello the flash

swap for my quad s5 just put on wam classified today, ?  could do at kegworth or before depending where you live?

Simonthepieman

Wammer
New Wammer
Feb 21, 2016
hello Nigel we are both atc fans i realised i read some of your posts before, i also visit the lakes quite often so could meet that way or on the way up i am in yorkshire

swap for my quad s5 just put on wam classified today, ?  could do at kegworth 

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
hello the flash

swap for my quad s5 just put on wam classified today, ?  could do at kegworth or before depending where you live?
hello Nigel we are both atc fans i realised i read some of your posts before, i also visit the lakes quite often so could meet that way or on the way up i am in yorkshire

swap for my quad s5 just put on wam classified today, ?  could do at kegworth 
A kind offer but (a) I'm kinda maxed out on speakers and (b) this pair of amps just sold on the 'bay. I haven't marked them as SOLD here yet because I'm awaiting payment... and confirmation that the guy really did understand that they were for collection only! He's only 50 miles away so I live in hope...

Pop in to see me and my Albatrosses in my Kegworth room.

Simonthepieman

Wammer
New Wammer
Feb 21, 2016
A kind offer but (a) I'm kinda maxed out on speakers and (b) this pair of amps just sold on the 'bay. I haven't marked them as SOLD here yet because I'm awaiting payment... and confirmation that the guy really did understand that they were for collection only! He's only 50 miles away so I live in hope...

Pop in to see me and my Albatrosses in my Kegworth room.
Great news on the sale, It will be my first Wam show, I will call in to say hello!

Do you know anyone interested in the S5's?

Best wishes

Simon

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great news on the sale, It will be my first Wam show, I will call in to say hello!

Do you know anyone interested in the S5's?

Best wishes

Simon
Excellent, you'll love it. Arrive earlyish as it will take more time to get around the rooms than you think (there are usually one or two you want to go back to, too).

No, sorry, interest among my hifi friends is more in the Quad electrostatics I'm afraid. Nice speakers, so GLWTS.

Nigel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles