SOLD: REL Strata V subwoofer

MotherSky

The stone that killed two birds
Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
REL Strata V subwoofer complete with remote and (probably pointlessly) fancy high level cable (will add pics tomorrow) - excellent quality subwoofer, I think these were the last generation of subs prior to REL being sold off - proper analogue amplification, unported and excellent range of adjustment - I am the original owner, used with my Proac 1SCs to excellent effect -  it's taken substantial investment to (finally) outclass this combination (the Proacs will be advertised shortly), and the quality of this sub had a lot to do with that. More pics of unit available shortly - condition is very good, with only a couple of scuffs and one very small ding to the lower rhs front corner - I'm based near Shrewsbury, and collection is welcome, but I'm also happy to box up and post (weight is about 30kg, so courier probably £25-£30) - this originally cost £800, so I think £325ono is a decent price 61R1RjghWGL._AC_SL1056_ (1).jpg an hour before it's dark.jpg 220px-Cerys_Matthews_Glastonbury_2008_(cropped).jpg 71kCJK0hFHL._AC_SL1104_.jpg  - I'll be putting this on eBay as soon as the next £1 seller's fees comes along, so act now to avoid disappointment.... feel free to drop me a PM if you would like further information - MH

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lee M and 2010*zuma

krellmad

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 21, 2012
County Durham
AKA
Vince
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cracking sub, I use the high level to connect my stereo and low level to connect my home cinema. Really fast, tight lowwww bass. Plus you can set it up from where you are seated with the remote control.

Glws

Reactions: MotherSky

The Marlin

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2016
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Mr Marlin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How do you feed this with a stereo connection?

I’ve  used the older Rels which had a crossover built in. This confuses me. 

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Discard sorry, wrong voltage.

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How do you feed this with a stereo connection?

I’ve  used the older Rels which had a crossover built in. This confuses me. 

https://rel.net/we-take-the-high-road/  I'm not sure I really understand your question - but this sets out the basics of the high level connection - you then set the point at which it passes over to your main speakers (and all other parameters) - low frequencies in room effectively aren't directional, so strictly speaking 'stereo' does not apply, but you are getting the bass 'information' from both channels

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The manual is available here if it helps:

https://relsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/115015728908/REL-Strata_V-Stempede-Manual.pdf

I wonder if the above confusion may have been due to the lack of phase, low-pass frequency etc controls on the back of the sub?
Thanks for that - you could well be right: all parameters are adjusted using the remote and stored in the memory (or using the rotary dial/button on the front to navigate through the menu) - settings remain even when disconnected from the mains - I will return the unit to factory settings before sale. I can confirm that this sub was made in Wales prior to the sale of REL. MH

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A quick bump to add:

I do not have the original box any more (it was absolutely massive), but I do have access to excellent packing material, so I am happy to send by courier

The high level cable is 2M long, made from Cable Talk "Symphony" cable with an very nice quality Neutrik plug - given the way these work, I'm dubious as to whether this has any actual SQ benefits, but it's far sturdier than the thing REL supplied (happy to include that as well if I can find it)

I might be required to drive up to Pickering in the next couple of weeks, so could potentially arrange delivery if you're reasonably en route - full hazmat on standby if required...

Any other questions, drop me a PM.       MH

ntg

New Wammer
Jan 7, 2017
Possibly you have insufficient privilages to allow use of the PM system - I do hold accounts on PFM and AoS should that be your usual habitat - MH
That's odd, I've used the PM system with no problem in the past. Don't know if something has changed in the last few months. I've tried again, will try another route if it still doesn't arrive. Nick 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online