SOLD: Ruark Talisman II floorstanding speakers (Rosewood)

mudds

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 5, 2016
Leicester
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Elegant floor-standing two-way reflex design with sloping front baffle, using a doped paper cone bass/midrange driver plus a fabric dome tweeter, both produced in Scandinavia to Ruark's requirements. Superb quality sound, great for all genres of music from Classical, to Pop, Jazz and Rock.
Check on line reviews on these outstanding loudspeakers; they are all good. You cannot find anything comparable in the present loudspeakers for this price.
The loudspeakers are in Rosewood and were purchased by me about 20 years ago. I am selling them - with some sadness - because I've upgraded my hi-fi set up. It’s time for somebody else to enjoy this stylish set of loudspeakers.

The speakers are fantastic order. There are a couple of little marks on the veneer at the front base of each speaker where my rug has caught them over time but this can easily be masked with some coloured wax/ touch up wood product.

I do not have the original boxes now and I need to note that the speakers are weighted with sand so weigh a good 25kgs each. The speakers also have their floor spikes attached. 

Happy to answer any questions you might have. I will be sad to see these go. Priced to sell at 220.

Specifications Ruark Talisman II made in UK by RUARK ACOUSTICS LTD
System Type: Bass reflex, 2 way Drive units:
Bass/Midrange: 170 mm treated paper cone high loss pure rubber surround, precision cast chassis, high flux magnetic system.
Tweeter: 26mm precoated textile dome, dual chamber construction ferrofluid cooled and damped.
Frequency Response: 46 Hz - 20 khz ±3 dB
Sensibility: 88dB / Watt
Crossover Frequency: 2,8 kHz (Precision audio grade components a six elements)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Recommended amplifier power: 25 - 100W
Cabinet: Floor standing ACD, Critically damped MDF double layer construction
Colour Finishes: Veneers in Rosewood.
Dimensions (HxWxD): 840 x 230 x 320 mm

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: szczemirek and DIB

billthewiz

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2011
Scotland
AKA
billy
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had some Tailsmans mk2 years ago and really liked them. Great speakers for the price. 
good luck with the sale 👍

Reactions: mudds

mudds

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 5, 2016
Leicester
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks to Alan for pointing out I had not added mk2 to the title of the post. Now amended.

mudds

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 5, 2016
Leicester
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sunday bump. I'm hoping these can be appreciated by someone on here rather then me having to mess around with the bay. 

• Upvote
Reactions: AnilS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles