Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Frau Strat loves her 32" Panasonic in the breakfast room which means she can keep up with Downton whilst pursuing her other love - baking New York Cheesecake:^. The picture is great but the sound typical TV. I was thinking of buying her a Sonos Soundbar as an easy fix.

Thoughts?

68rednose

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2013
Mainland Europe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hmmm....... That you're very kind and thoughtful. :^

Overhere SWMBO does not notice the difference between the Panny plasma (46", 30 cm off wall) and the AV Arcam AV8 processed signal ending in an Audio Physic centre, combined with HT throughput into the main rig.....

G

The Sonos soundbar is quite expensive for what it is. If you view it as part of an overall Sonos system it's a better proposition, but it's pretty poor in term of inputs and decoding capabilities - for the price I would expect HDMI inputs and the ability to do the HD formats (and I'm a long-time Sonos bigot).

Yamaha are the kings of soundbars IMO - I think you might find something more appropriate in their range.

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I found all the soundbars I tried were pretty rubbish.

Most needed a separate Sub and then sounded great on movies but dreadful on speech (watching the news etc)

I ended up buying a small pair of active spealers in gloss black and they work fine and look good either side of the TV

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lindsay, if you go to 'Advanced Search' and put in 'Soundbars' there are a number of threads including ones on Yamaha and Sonos.

GR1

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would buy the ESI Unik 05 Actives on sale here - job sorted ...

struth

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2013
W Lothian
AKA
Grant
I have a Yamaha one, and have had it for about 6 years.....it is very good and unless you really need loads of bass it is an excellent piece of equipment for use with the telly or dvd player..Great for concerts etc.

Should be able to ick up a second hand one I would have thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Staff online