Question speaker cable

A question.

jinj

Wammer
Mar 23, 2022
Oldhill west midlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
been looking at speaker cable on aliexpress and a lot of them have what looks like a battery wired into one end what is the purpose of this

tonee73

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 4, 2017
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think it's going to be a fake Audioquest one from the "DBS range"...
Aliexpress has plenty of them for sale.

parcelmonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2013
Dover - Kent
AKA
Ade
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
been looking at speaker cable on aliexpress and a lot of them have what looks like a battery wired into one end what is the purpose of this
There's loads of information regarding Audioquests DBS system, which a quick Google will help with. For what it's worth, I've tried Audioquests Water XLR I/C with the DBS system and it worked really well but was a little too polite for my tastes.

They make great cables, however, I personally wouldn't touch anything from Ali Express because I couldn't guarantee it was of similar quality. YMMV of course and I'm not knocking Chinese made equipment as I'm sure alot of hi-end brands use Chinese factories. Just use sensible caution as the material used might not be that great.

jinj

Wammer
Mar 23, 2022
Oldhill west midlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's loads of information regarding Audioquests DBS system, which a quick Google will help with. For what it's worth, I've tried Audioquests Water XLR I/C with the DBS system and it worked really well but was a little too polite for my tastes.

They make great cables, however, I personally wouldn't touch anything from Ali Express because I couldn't guarantee it was of similar quality. YMMV of course and I'm not knocking Chinese made equipment as I'm sure alot of hi-end brands use Chinese factories. Just use sensible caution as the material used might not be that great.
Just wondered what they do I've only ever seen normal cable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles