SPEAKERS

U

Umberto

My own (oh and a certain other speaker from the same manufacturer).

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Tannoy Westminsters
crazy_pilot.gif.c313d97f4d9ddf9c49c568cf60659106.gif

G

Davewhityetagain wrote:

Tannoy Westminsters
crazy_pilot.gif.c313d97f4d9ddf9c49c568cf60659106.gif
i grew up with tannoy since the early 70's my favourites were the berkleys wich i have still in a friends garage stored along with a pair of buckinghams. mind you the bucks need new drivers, i can't be bothered to replace them, .too spesive and not enough room to put them in..:dude:

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
onion wrote:

what, nobody had a pair of J.R'S 35'S..OH DEAR.

WTF? Does anybody understand onion's posts? :Not Sure:

G

meninblack wrote:

onion wrote:what, nobody had a pair of J.R'S 35'S..OH DEAR.
WTF? Does anybody understand onion's posts? :Not Sure:

not unless you are vinegar, if you do not understand my post's why do you bother join in? mind boggles :Not Sure:

G

Biscuit wrote:

I guess he is refering to those cylindrical Rogers speakers the JR149's?not quite the same thing as MBL's though I don't think!
wasn't correct me if i am wrong, j.rogers was or wasen't the first british manufacturer that introduced the sub bass unit to go with his 149's?more like a coffee table.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

G

Heard them very recently and was gobsmacked . Hansen Prince's. Downside, well they cost £20 k:(

G

Duvet wrote:

Heard them very recently and was gobsmacked . Hansen Prince's. Downside, well they cost £20 k:(
Me too, Silver emotions, yet to compare with the new Impressions though.

Agree those MBL's were impressive, not sure if they were accurate, not sure if they'd work in a normal room, but definately impressive.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Onion...am worried about your speech patterns....menin has a point... you need to remember that we are not in your mind (thank you god) so "what, nobody had a pair of J.R'S 35'S..OH DEAR." makes no more sense to most of us than " what, you havn't heard R's SD Mk111's!". Also what on earth does this mean "not unless you are vinegar,"? If you have recently arrived on the planet, fair enough, but otherwise, an "Onion thesaurus" might be a useful addition to this website:Not Sure:
smile.png

G

rockmeister wrote:

Onion...am worried about your speech patterns....menin has a point... you need to remember that we are not in your mind (thank you god) so "what, nobody had a pair of J.R'S 35'S..OH DEAR." makes no more sense to most of us than " what, you havn't heard R's SD Mk111's!". Also what on earth does this mean "not unless you are vinegar,"? If you have recently arrived on the planet, fair enough, but otherwise, an "Onion thesaurus" might be a useful addition to this website:Not Sure:
smile.png
he's spanish rocky give him a break.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was only joking Rude ol'....If he's spanish he needs a sense of humour anyway...he's about to witness national football humiliation at close quarters!
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles