Spotify/Deezer/Radio constantly rebuffering on SBT

NAM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
AKA
Neil
In the last couple of days Spotify, Deezer and internet radio have all been rebuffering very frequently (radio probably less so) on both ny SBT and SB radio. Anyone else been finding this? It's probably been getting progressively worse over the last few days, maybe longer. Is it a mysqueezebox.com issue or if not, any idea what I could try to fix it? I've tried unplugging and restarting everything (including router). This is connected to mysqueezebox.com, not to PC.

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Neil, firstly have you tried resetting/rebooting the router? Secondly, if you've tried this, then how about increasing the buffer size of the SBT? I can't remember if there's a stock setting on the SBT to do

this but if there isn't, you can install the triode EDO applet which definitely then allows you to select a large buffer size. I've done this and to my ears, it improved the sound of streamed music, both from Spotify AND ripped CD's from a HDD.

Edit: Another cause, if you're running your SBT and SB radio wirelessly rather than Ethernet cable, could be interference from a neighbouring device that's running on the same frequency/channel as your router. In this case, try changing your router to run on a different channel (by logging onto it SBD changing the relevant setting).

In the last couple of days Spotify, Deezer and internet radio have all been rebuffering very frequently (radio probably less so) on both ny SBT and SB radio. Anyone else been finding this? It's probably been getting progressively worse over the last few days, maybe longer. Is it a mysqueezebox.com issue or if not, any idea what I could try to fix it? I've tried unplugging and restarting everything (including router). This is connected to mysqueezebox.com, not to PC.

mmar

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 16, 2008
North east
AKA
mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Carnt say I've noticed any issues with spotify using it now in the bedroom on my TiVo box and earlier through my phone and sbt

NAM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
AKA
Neil
Hi Neil, firstly have you tried resetting/rebooting the router? Secondly, if you've tried this, then how about increasing the buffer size of the SBT? I can't remember if there's a stock setting on the SBT to dothis but if there isn't, you can install the triode EDO applet which definitely then allows you to select a large buffer size. I've done this and to my ears, it improved the sound of streamed music, both from Spotify AND ripped CD's from a HDD.

Edit: Another cause, if you're running your SBT and SB radio wirelessly rather than Ethernet cable, could be interference from a neighbouring device that's running on the same frequency/channel as your router. In this case, try changing your router to run on a different channel (by logging onto it SBD changing the relevant setting).
Thanks. I switched the router off and on again- would that reset it? There's no buffer size setting on the sbt that I can see. Does the EDO applet only work if you are using an external dac? I'm using the analogue outs. I don't notice any problem with the sound quality between (fucking annoying) drop-outs...

It is wireless- not sure how to log on and change channels to be honest!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Neil, firstly have you tried resetting/rebooting the router? Secondly, if you've tried this, then how about increasing the buffer size of the SBT? I can't remember if there's a stock setting on the SBT to dothis but if there isn't, you can install the triode EDO applet which definitely then allows you to select a large buffer size. I've done this and to my ears, it improved the sound of streamed music, both from Spotify AND ripped CD's from a HDD.

Thanks. I switched the router off and on again- would that reset it? There's no buffer size setting on the sbt that I can see. Does the EDO applet only work if you are using an external dac? I'm using the analogue outs. I don't notice any problem with the sound quality between (fucking annoying) drop-outs...

It is wireless- not sure how to log on and change channels to be honest!

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, switching the router off and on does reset it, Neil. The EDO applet does still allow the use of analogue outs. After installing it, you'll see settings under 'settings/advanced/ digital output'. There, you can set buffer size as well as selecting either digital only or digital and analogue output'. Definitely worth a try. To change the channel that the router uses, you have to connect to the router via a browser, log into it, then change the setting in the wireless settings section. The instruction book/leaflet for the router should tell you how to log into it.

gintonic

Noise, distortion & faff
Wammer Plus
Apr 25, 2012
no where
AKA
simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Interesting, no issues with my squeezebox radio, but have had some rebuffering on one of my SBTs on some radio stations, over the last weekend . I just put it down to local bandwidth issues. Haven't had an SBT on since then though. I did find it a bit frustrating though, and started to wish I had a traditional tiner

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I had the same issue Neil but with all music through the SBT, including Spotify.

I started by rebooting and that seemed to work but in fact it was never long before the same issue occurred again. Switching off other items that drew on the internet connection also helped and repositioning the router so it had a 360 degree space around it definitely improved things. Fundamentally, though all of those issues helped, the issue was really with my WIFI connection; investing in some TP Links homeplugs to create a wired network around the house was some of the best few quid that I have spent. I am now drop out free!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles