stand mount recomendations £1500 ish

B

batman

been here before but will do a quick recap . recently moved and now have my own music/play:stereo: room ,trouble is my spendor s9,s are a bit big for this room and i have noticed that the sound can be muddled and only really shines when played loud ( sure does sound good loud:rockin:) however the impractibilities of this are self explanotory ,so am now considering swapping to a good quality stand mount ( i will miss my bass ,but can toy with sub at a later date ) prefer 2nd hand ex dem any thoughts welcome cheers the B

B

batman

yo paps , some good recs there ,really fancy the wb, sf and focals . how would you describe the sound of your arcs mate . they will be driven by digital power like yours mate ( albeit notquite the same league ) the spendors can sometimes lack a little bite , i would like to address this too ....

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's a pair in this month's WH?F?, cant remember the name. Cost £1500 thought and got a good rating. Looked very nice too.

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
new £2600 inc stands s/h from dealer at the same age as those on the bay, expect to pay £1700 ish

One considderation, the SF may be closer to what you are used to!!!! Arcs not warm like the spendors

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Paul wrote:

new £2600 inc stands s/h from dealer at the same age as those on the bay, expect to pay £1700 ishOne considderation, the SF may be closer to what you are used to!!!! Arcs not warm like the spendors
Paul - shouldn'the be thinking about saving a few more pennies and getting some Emotion Monitors :nerd:

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
batman wrote:

yo paps , some good recs there ,really fancy the wb, sf and focals . how would you describe the sound of your arcs mate . they will be driven by digital power like yours mate ( albeit not quite the same league  ) the spendors can sometimes lack a little bite , i would like to address this too ....
The Arcs certainly have more bite than the Spendors ime.

As Paul quite rightly states they're not warm, but great fun if you match them with the right equipment. My amps have a hint of warmth and my cdp is smooth and warm - which is where i feel my system has synergy.

The Sonus Fabers are also excellent and tbh may be ideal if you like the Spendor sound but want a little more. Probably an easier speaker to amp-match than the Arcs.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
See if you can pick up a pair of old Proac Response 2 or 2S standmounts.

Stick 'em on good stands (i.e. massive) and these are stunning.

Tonally neutral - transparent - detailed - and a "jump" factor that will make you, well, jump !

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
Well, I'm a 1007 owner, so of course I'd say choose them.....though I wonder if they're a match for your electronics

I'd also add B&W 805S to your liist. In many (most, don't ask) repsects they trumped the 1007 in my demo's with them and are perhaps a bit more 'fun' than the 1007's.

I do very much like the 1007's, though............and speaking from (experience of) moving on from 1.3 II's (and I do love them, as any phool knwo) 1.3's just ain'tin the same league as the others thatPapa, for example, mentioned.

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Craig wrote:

Well, I'm a 1007 owner, so of course I'd say them.....though I wonder if they're a match for your electronics I'd also add B&W 805S to your liist. In many (most, don't ask) repsects they trumped the 1007 in my demo's with them and are perhaps a bit more 'fun' than the 1007's.

I do very nuc loikethe 1007's though............and speaking from (experience of) moving on from 1.3 II's (and I do love them, as any phool knwo) 1.3's just ain'tin the same league as the others thatPapa, for example, mentioned.
"I do very nuc loikethe 1007's though" :raoflmfao:

Hope they are a bit clearer than that
smack.gif.67a6c7204929f2d6a3282863ab29d146.gif

Just teasing but I guess you meant you very much like them yes?

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
uzzy wrote:

Craig wrote:
Well, I'm a 1007 owner, so of course I'd say them.....though I wonder if they're a match for your electronics I'd also add B&W 805S to your liist. In many (most, don't ask) repsects they trumped the 1007 in my demo's with them and are perhaps a bit more 'fun' than the 1007's.

I do very nuc loikethe 1007's though............and speaking from (experience of) moving on from 1.3 II's (and I do love them, as any phool knwo) 1.3's just ain'tin the same league as the others thatPapa, for example, mentioned.
"I do very nuc loikethe 1007's though" :raoflmfao:

Hope they are a bit clearer than that
smack.gif.67a6c7204929f2d6a3282863ab29d146.gif

Just teasing but I guess you meant you very much like them yes?
I have had a few, apolgies for my half assed typin.

Should of course, have said, that Uzzy is a pedantic tw........:)no, wrong ágain, I do very much like the 1007s though ;)Lovely sounds..

Hic

A

Alex A

For me it would have to be one of the following:

B&W 805S

SF Cremona Auditor (obviously)

or WB Arcs.

All three, especially the last two, do deep bass (but I'm sure won't overwhelm your room). It's all a matter of tonality and preference. And of course system matching. Listen with your kit. All three hold their value fairly well and can take a lot of power when you're in the mood.

Also worth considering something ATC, but not to everyone's taste.

The Swedish Chef

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2005
Göteborg, , Sweden
AKA
Philip
i'd add the dali hellicon 300's to that list, very nice sound, not as forced as the b&w 805's. superb finish, great top end, huge soundstage and would suite a small room. a pair went of eBay for 1,200 quid a few days ago, a bargain imo

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Swedish Chef wrote:

i'd add the dali hellicon 300's to that list
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Excellent speakers. Open and very detailed. Lovely hybrid ribbon tweeter. Fantastic finish too.

curtis

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2005
Herts, , United King
Craig wrote:

I do very much like the 1007's, though............and speaking from (experience of) moving on from 1.3 II's (and I do love them, as any phool knwo) 1.3's just ain'tin the same league as the others thatPapa, for example, mentioned.
Cant say I agree Craig having demed both with my electronics.

I would blame your current electronics not getting the best out of the Dyns.

Still both speakers are very good and the others mentioned equally fine.

You really do need to find which ones work best with your current electronics.

I would dem as many as possible at home.

Best of luck and have fun.

Curtis

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
curtis wrote:

Craig wrote:
Cant say I agree Craig having demed both with my electronics.

I would blame your current electronics not getting the best out of the Dyns.

Still both speakers are very good and the others mentioned equally fine.

You really do need to find which ones work best with your current electronics.

I would dem as many as possible at home.

Best of luck and have fun.

Curtis
I did, and I bought the 1007's

Either JVC / Bel Canto with 1007's was IMO better than both the JVC (yes, not suited to the Dyn's) and Bel Canto (very much suited, ta very much) with Dynaudio

It's only my opinion, Curtis, not the Bible;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles