Wanted Stands Unique Rack

Wanted

Mowgli

Wammer
Jan 18, 2017
Northumberland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am looking for either a complete rack or parts that would help me build a complete rack like the one shown in the image below.
Ideally, I am looking for chunky legs, preferred colours Ash or Cherry, however, would take any colour as I'm happy to strip and refinish with 10mm glass all round.

I have previously posted here, PFM and AOS, however, at the time I didn't have the required privileges to post in the classifieds both here and PFM, so being in another forum it may not have gotten much attention. The only offer I had was in Wiltshire but I'm based in Northumberland so that didn't work out.

Just in case anyone was going to mention it, I did see the giveaway on PFM at the weekend, unfortunately, I was an hour too late :(, someone gave away a full rack as shown below but with the slimmer legs, to say I was gutted would be putting it mildly.

I'm not in any particular hurry, been trying to source this stuff for months and will most likely attend the Wam show this year if that presents an opportunity to meet.

1692274835823.png

Reactions: JustinTime

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you're happy to go with 6mm, I know the whereabouts of 2 full units for £20 each. Oak colour. Located in Worthing.

Reactions: JustinTime

limbok

Wammer
Aug 13, 2023
Manchester
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve got one of these racks and although they look good in the pic they wobble and imho are unsafe for heavier components. The adjustable glass shelves are only supported by small metal studs that slot into a hole in the legs by about 6mm. It’s a recipe for disaster!

Mowgli

Wammer
Jan 18, 2017
Northumberland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve got one of these racks and although they look good in the pic they wobble and imho are unsafe for heavier components. The adjustable glass shelves are only supported by small metal studs that slot into a hole in the legs by about 6mm. It’s a recipe for disaster!
I have owned one of these previously and my experience of all stands unique has been very good. I currently have an AV high unit, its rock sold, until i downsized home recently it was fully loaded with both stereo and AV separates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.