Linn Owners

Stax Headphones in LP12 & KDS setup

Ian23

New Wammer
Feb 9, 2020
Hi,

I am looking to add Stax headphones to my Linn system, but I am wondering about how 2 sources, KDS and LP12 can be connected. (Klimax Kontrol, LP12, Uphorik,Radikal, KDS, and 2x Twin power amps). I see the energizer units have both balanced and RCA inputs, but if I read it correctly even though there is a switch on the back of the unit for the input source, the cables for the source not being used have to be unplugged.

Does anyone use Stax with 2 sources and how do they do it?

Thanks,

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi,

I am looking to add Stax headphones to my Linn system, but I am wondering about how 2 sources, KDS and LP12 can be connected. (Klimax Kontrol, LP12, Uphorik,Radikal, KDS, and 2x Twin power amps). I see the energizer units have both balanced and RCA inputs, but if I read it correctly even though there is a switch on the back of the unit for the input source, the cables for the source not being used have to be unplugged.

Does anyone use Stax with 2 sources and how do they do it?

Thanks,
Connect to the unused preamp out on the KK and use it for source switching.

Reactions: lazyscott

lazyscott

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 31, 2006
Chiltern Hills
AKA
Leo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use an EAR hp4 headphone amp and it is connected as above, i set the volume on the KK to 80 and control the headphone volume via the hp4 (bliss).

MickC

Expert Thread Disruptor
Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did the same as Thomas suggests years ago with a KK, 404 earspeakers and a 006t energiser.

Mick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online